cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Posamari

O-H-I-O

I've noticed a lot of members from Ohio.  Although I live in California, my home state is Ohio.  Born in Toledo (Perrysburg),  hometown is Columbus. A product of Westerville public schools. Lived in Amish country in NE Ohio for many years also.

Maybe so many former smokers from Ohio because it was acceptable ?

Maybe because the winters could be long, cold,  and oh so gray? 

Maybe because cigarettes were cheap to buy at one time?

Ohio does grow tobacco but not close to the level as the other big tobacco growing states.

Anyone else notice this correlation with smoking and Ohio?

Oh ....and go Bucks, Go Tribe, Go Cavs!    

0 Kudos
24 Replies
TW517

Born, raised and lived in Columbus all my life.  Came of age in the 60's and 70's.  I did not know a single person who did not smoke until I went to college in 1975, and then, only a very few.  When I began my career in 1980 with a large bank at their headquarters, I don't think there was a single employee who didn't smoke.

elvan

Posamari‌ I was born in Toledo too...I think my family lived there for a few months afterwards.  My father was stationed at Rossford AirForce Base.  We moved around a LOT.  

anaussiemom

Im not from Ohio.   I lived in Michigan all my life. 
Married a man who resided in Ohio.  So became an implant, in Ohio. ( About 9 yrs. ago).

Jennifer-Quit

You know, there are lots of Ohioians (or whatever you call folks from Ohio) here!   I'll be cruising with a couple of them in a couple of weeks!  ShawnPRick_M 

ShawnP

Im in cleveland. Well a suburb of it. They are really building up downtown now. Flats are coming alive again like they used to back in the 80's. Bedford is nearby:)

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Jennifer-Quit

I think Mandolinrain‌ and deena-a-yenni‌ are from Ohio also.  Forgive me - I  cannot think of everyone at once.  But there are more from Ohio.

Jennifer-Quit

Also missellen‌ from Ohio

Mandolinrain

Yep Ohio here. Outside of Mansfield. We were in Lucas Ohio the past 30 plus years...had the horses and not for from Amish. Live very close to Malabar Farm and down the road from the trow that was filmed in the movie Shawshank Redemption, which was filmed partially there and on the other side of Mansfield at the old prison. Last year we sold that house and built a new one. Now we still are in country minus the horse barn

We are Notre Dame fans and Ohio State fans...Cavs and Indians...not so much Browns. Gave up after Sipe left back n the 80's. Team recovered a little with Bernie, but fell apart and can't seem to get it together again. Kinda like Humpty Dumpty, if you ask me, lol.

I dunno, we have traveled a lot. When I was smoking there were loads of smokers down in Florida and still is from my observations anyway. Smokers travel in packs wherever they are from, lol

Sootie

There ARE a lot of people from OHIO on EX-------also from Florida. Just shows they are smart to quit!!!!! Don't think Ohio has more smokers........can't beat NEPA for smokers (wish they were EXERS). Still amazed at how many people smoke here. This is "old Coal country" where old habits die hard (no pun intended).