cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nymous

back in the game

Was clean for 65 days and then a combination of things (No excuse) led me to pick up the cigarette again. smoked for 3 weeks and I am back on the journey again. Rest my quit date. I am on day 2 now.

My advice - Do something but never pick up the cigarette again. going through the first 3 days torture again.

9 Replies
Sandy-9-17-17

Way to get back on the band wagon!  Start marching those steps one day at a time!  Try to remember what caused you to pick one up and figure out what tool you will use if it happens again!   Those first 3 days can be torture, I know you don't want to have to go through that again!  

Sandy

AnnetteMM

Welcome back!  

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

YESsssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

Welcome BACK!!!

0 Kudos
desiree465

Good for you for giving it another shot. I feel like it's really hard to quit, relapse, and then jump right back into your quit. I was never able to do it. Be strong you can do this and clearly you want it. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome back.   I agree with desiree465.  It would have been years before I tried again.   Shows how much you're committed to quitting 

0 Kudos
marciem

So good that you are back soon!!  I myself took years to get back on the wagon each time I fell off... well except for the last time but that was still MONTHS.

As Sandy said, learn from your mistake.  1) there is no such thing as just one  2) Smoking didn't fix anything at all and 3) what will you do when (not IF, but WHEN) the same or similar situation arises again.  Prepared is armed for battle!

And also always keep in mind, it is WAY FAR easier to hold on to the quit you've got than it is to start a new one (and have to go thru the awful first days again!)

Best wishes!!  I don't wish you luck as you don't need luck... it is fully within your control whether you smoke or not, and you CAN do this!!

anaussiemom

29684104_2052615858086220_8650746880275158379_n.jpg

0 Kudos
Barb102

Welcome back. Sometimes it may take a few tries. You are on board now. You got this

Barb

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Welcome Home:)

0 Kudos