cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

IrishRose

Life

If you are having a real bad day, week, etc., sit back and do something special for yourself.  It does not have to cost any money.  It could be a simple thing of just sitting down and giving yourself the time to deal with the insanity of it all when we hit bumps in the road of life.

Come rambling awhile through this exquisite weather

Of days that are fleet to pass,

When the stem of the willow shoots out a green feather,

And buttercups burn in the grass!

–Edgar Fawcett (1847–1904)

Irish Rose  

17 Replies
AnnetteMM

Love it!  Today I watched Goldfinches flit about the yard, looking like the dandelions themselves up and sprouted wings.

IrishRose

AnnetteMM‌ , I got to see ducklings, small and smaller, Mallards.  I love Mallard ducks - but the mom's were closely watching those babies.  They have this pond right next to, not more than 30 feet from the medivac helicopter launch pad at a hospital here.  Funny though, the ducks have to be familiar with that down draft when the copter lands.  Today, all I could see was the big "X" on the empty launch pad and a lot of ducks and babies just a quacking and peeping, and enjoying the pond.  Yesterday when I left, they were hiding in the tall grassland stands in and around the pond.  The copter was sitting on the launch pad too.  I heard it come in when it landed.   

Bonnie

Where is the "Love" option?  I guess "Like" will have to do Thank you so much for your wise words and the lovely poem...

YoungAtHeart

And while you are watching, enjoy your newfound sense of smell and discover all that spring brings.  It can be wet earth, or blooming lilacs, or freshly mowed grass, or even the smell of rain on a paved road.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

IrishRose

Weird story...  I was shopping with my brother one day, and I got him to go into a Bath and Beyond, or some store where they have all those smelly samples of lotions and candles, soap, and so on.  Well, he was standing next to me, and I picked up this candle full of the lilac scent.  I just closed my eyes and took another deep breathe in, and I turned to my brother and said, "It makes me go back to when I was little.  Well, he is 10 years older than I, and he said, "Well, when you were real small, we lived at a house that had a lilac bush." 

Now, I know why I love the scent of lilacs so much, and they resort me to a time and place I was too small to remember.  I love shopping with my brother.  We really do have a blast with anything we do together.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you, we all can take a break.  We often try to do too much and be too many places. Quitting smoking can take you to a quieter, slower life. Enjoy it while you can. 

indingrl

Thank you so much IrishRose....I just took time off from being CONSTANTLY RECOVERING....I took a NAP.....awe it was so good and peace filled and what a joy to wake up rested relaxed and grateful to God for bringing ME to this time of this day ALONE to come here and read blogs and share love joy peace and to pray when asked and please know I appreciate all your love help and support in MY EARLY RECOVERY and computer training you taught me on the old site to get around.....beautiful memories to remain a NON SMOKER today with you IrishRose and all those here too......never take another puff......thanks for teaching ME to remain grateful to GOD for all his goodness and faithfulness.....amen love love love you IrishRose!

IrishRose

indingrl‌ , you just put such a warm smile on my face.  Thank you for those words of kindness.  I love, love, love you, as well.  I will always be here to help you if you need me.  I will relish in the prayers and loving thoughts you shower me with too.  BIG ((((HUG)))) for you, my Dear Friend!!!!!

Irish Rose

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Thank you we all need a little ME TIME to recharge our batteries and just breathe   and enjoy the beauty around us, Smokefree of course.