AnsweredAssumed Answered

Gluten-Free Diet?

Question asked by minihorses on May 3, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2018 by minihorses

HI everyone!  I went to the dr. yesterday and he said to go to a gluten-free diet for several problems I'm having.  As if giving up smoking wasn't hard enough now I have to give up food!  Yes it's healthy, and yes there a lots of good things to eat BUT it's hard to know what some foods have in them that's actually a wheat derivative. Anyone know what "food starch" contains? 

I feel like I've bled my life out having to give up more of the things I like or that I'm the baby that had all her candy taken away.  It's not the worst thing ever, it'll just take a while to get used to, just like not smoking did (and still does).

Anyhow my question is really:  How do you eat when you're travelling?  Three of us are headed to a huge metal concert this weekend and will be traveling and staying in a hotel w/ no cooking appliances.  We will have to eat out but I can bring my protein bars and shakes to help out.  I can't take food into the grounds of the concert so I will probably not eat all day (and night) unless someone can tell me what types of foods from vendors I might be able to eat.  WE LEAVE TOMORROW so a quick response would be much appreciated!

Outcomes