cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Mint plant?

I purchased this plant today.  Care instructions say indoor sunny spot and snip top leaves for usage.  However, my sister has one in her flower bed that is a perennial.  I think I may try both indoor and outdoor.  Any tips?  This is my very first one. I would like for it to thrive for a long time.  Maybe put it in a bigger pot?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
15 Replies

No tips here.  I can give you tips on how to kill it. LOL

Sandy-9-17-17

I was going to say the same thing Kristen!  Hahaha!  

Sandy-9-17-17

Haha.  I have a hard time keeping WATER plants alive!  You don't have to do anything!  Just keep water in it!! Yet I kill them.  So far my air plant has survived the last couple months.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Mint will grow outside or inside. You can also take a few cuttings from the plant, strip off some leaves and root it in a water glass. That way you can have some for inside or outside. Meanwhile...Mint is extremely invasive in garden beds and will take over, so plant it where it won't disturb other plants. 

One way os to just have it in its own pot somewhere outside  and another way is to plant it in the ground INSIDE a pot so it stays contained to the area where you want it  Happy growing !

JACKIE1-25-15

Thank you Missy. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JACKIE1-25-15

Oops looks like your image broke   

Just be sure it isn't Catmint.  If it is.  It's funny to watch a cat with Catmint. I'm giggling just thinking about it.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
YoungAtHeart

Oh, dear Lord - do NOT E V E R put mint anywhere it isn't contained.  It sends out runners underground and WILL take over wherever it can run.........(Trust me, I have experience with this!)

I would keep it in a pot - away from other plants AND any ground!!!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks will do. 

0 Kudos
RachelMB

I have my mint in a pot out back on the patio.  I learned the hard way once and planted it in the ground.  I think even if I had set it on fire it all wouldn't have died.

Rachel