Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pktabron

I need a new quit date :-(

Hello All,

I have fallen off the wagon big time

I went to Reno on vacation and now I smoke more than the 3 cigs a day

My lungs hurt and I have gain back 5 pounds.

Not to mention all the alcohol .... wow, I just lost it and engaged in every demon I had been battling.

So I will start chantix again for 2 weeks to get a head start, back to the patch, and withdrawal.

My Dr will probably want to start me back on the Wellbutrin too.

I am so angry with myself.......

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry, you have to go through day one again.  I have posted a link below to a blog that I would like you to read.  A Wise Elder Once Told me...

"Do not become complacent with your quit". 

It is a job, sometimes every day until you become stronger.  A trip such as yours takes a lot of preparation. Learn from your mistakes. 

/blogs/JACKIE1-25-15-blog/2015/10/21/stay-connected   Take what you can use and leave the rest. 

pktabron

Thank you, i have learned my lesson for sure!!!!

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 9:18 AM, JACKIE1-25-15 <

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Don't spend time looking back - you aren't going that way!  You know what you did wrong.

You might check with your doctor about using all those medications at once.  Not sure about Chantix and the patch AND the Welbutrin...............

You know the drill - and now you know what NOT to do!

I highly recommend you read the "Easy Way to Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr.  You might also read some of the other recommended materials.

whyquit.com, quitsmokingonline.com and livewell.com for the good information contained there. @https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex has lots of blogs written by members of this site with their experiences and guidance. You should do the tracking and separation exercises suggested in My Quit Plan http://www.becomeanex.org/my-quit-plan.php.

Get your list of distractions ready and GO for it!

Let us know how we can help.

Nancy

pktabron

Yes I will read. and re-read everything just like in the beginning of my "last" quit!!!!

thank you for the help!!!!  

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Chantix, Wellbutrin, and the patch seems like too much at the same time.  Chantix and Wellbutrin both work by keeping your brain from getting the kick out of a nicotine rush - so I don't believe the patch in addition to either one of these medications would be necessary.  I think you need to go with either the Chantix or Wellbutrin but not both - and I don't think that most doctors would prescribe both.  Just my opinion - take what you need and leave the rest. 

Education and commitment were both the key for me.  Stay close to this site and vent.  If alcohol is a trigger, stay away from it for as long as is necessary.

Best wishes!

JACKIE1-25-15

I have done a little research, either one or the other should would work not more than one. 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

PS - Again my opinion only - by smoking the 3 cigarettes you are only prolonging the process.  Set a date - get rid of everything smoke related - and quit - Best wishes!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jennifer-Quit wrote:

PS - Again my opinion only - by smoking the 3 cigarettes you are only prolonging the process.  Set a date - get rid of everything smoke related - and quit - Best wishes!

pktabron‌ you can reset your quit date here. Be sure to logout of community after doing so so it updates on the community next time you login.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
pktabron

Mark,

do you know how I can update my email address, I have a new email just for

Ex

Thanks

Pam

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Mark <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos