cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

annaaustin623

I survived my first weekend

That title sounds so dramatic lol but I did. I was worried about the weekend. Luckily I have great people in my life who knew it would be hard and kept me running nonstop this weekend and was extremely patient with me. Tomorrow I make one week and I gotta say I didn't think I would pass the first day in the beginning but here I am. I will say since yesterday that voice in my head that keeps saying hey lets go smoke has been pretty darn loud but I never was good at listening so I guess that finally has come in handy lol. Hope all yall have a great smoke free week!

13 Replies

Not dramatic at all!  I was excited when a survived ONE day!  Haha.  You're doing great.  Keep it up!

YoungAtHeart

Celebrate EVERY victory - and each one you conquer will make the next challenge a bit easier (notice I didn't say easy - but "ier!")

You are doing this, one day, one week, one weekend at a time....and that's how it's done.  It's how I got to almost 6 years. You can, too!

Nancy

0 Kudos
emilyt123078

I'm giving you a standing ovation. You did great! Remember, it's moment by moment, day by day. Little steps. Every step is worth celebrating and BE DRAMATIC as you want cause it's a BIG DEAL. ♥ 

What an inspiration you are.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

That is great!  Each and every day smoke-free is reason to be proud of yourself.  Congratulations!

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats to you - celebrating each and every day is wonderful! 

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations!  Every day, every HOUR is worth celebrating.  Great job.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Bonnie

The first weekend is HUGE...I get it! Glad you have a strong support system who kept you distracted.  Glad you're here, stay strong...we are all rooting for you!

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Be excited and as dramatic as you l like, we love that on Ex this is a place of celebration every day won is worth a high five !quitsmoking2.jpg

Onward and upward you go we cheer you on !

KMC56

Huge accomplishment!!!  Congrats!

~Kathy 2yrs 1day DOF

0 Kudos