Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

This Wise Elder is the....

Master of the Caravan  oldbones5358-Larry_10-21-2013

OldBones-Larry  

Your travel guide through NML No Man's Land

The expert scout who knows the desert, tricky slopes, hallow dunes, and dangerous paths. 

Larry is available to guide if you are willing to follow. He can point you in the right direction.

Larry tells you exactly when, where and how to step.

If you are 30-120 days in your quit take the time to review his page and read his blogs. 

His advice will help you through NML (No Man's Land)

"Keep the mountain in sight and travel towards it at all times."

One step, and then another, will get you to where you want to be.

Guard your quit like it is a treasure of gold and jewels, because in a way it is. Your quit is your life! Keep your journey strong, my friends. You can make it to, and keep, a life free from nicotine.

How do I live now? One day at a time.
Life really has been, and is a journey...."

Continue your journey and keep it strong my friends. Keep it alive so you can remain alive longer. 

Here are just a few highlighted blogs

One Step, And Then Another 

A Story

A Long Journey 

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Larry has helped countless people through the dangerous "No Mans Land". 

Thank you Larry for your service to this community!

MarilynH

I also say a very huge Thank you Larry you are such an inspiration to all of us here whether we're contemplating quitting or on the few days and weeks or in the throes of NML, you are there guiding and helping even for us that's been here for awhile you are a shining light and I thank you .....

I enjoyed my ride through NML with the help of the Caravan Master Larry

AnnetteMM

I am in NML right now, and SO appreciate OldBones-Larry!  Great idea to go back and reread those blogs now.  Also really appreciate roller831 for hosting the weekly NML check-in.  The commitment of these two, and you Jackie, makes my life so much easier.

I thank you for your kind words my friends.

I only do what I can to guide weary travelers through the traps and pitfalls Ol' Nic sets for them.

Travel safely friends....

Larry the Caravan Master

JACKIE1-25-15

We appreciate your wisdom.

elvan

I have appreciated your advice and support since I first came here.  I remember thinking you much have YEARS of smobriety and I was so surprised that you were only a few months ahead of me.  What a kind and unselfish thing to lead so many people through NML and to introduce us to so many amazing traditions.  I thank you with all of my heart!

Hugs,

Ellen

emilyt123078

Making this my go-to when those moments creep up. Thanks for posting this

JACKIE1-25-15

You are quite welcome.  I try to highlight the active Elders for the new people.  They all helped me a lot. They are not obligated to stay on and help the community but they do.