cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

annaaustin623

1st day

I prepared and so far so good. I usually take a break at work about this time so I can feel the craving creeping up on me but I got this. One day at time.

21 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  I'm new also at 35 DOF.  There is great support here, so reach out went you need help.  The folks here have gotten me through some difficult moments when my cravings were the worst.   If you're not doing so already, take the daily pledge each day.  It's a real motivator to stay smoke free for the day.

Good luck on this journey.

annaaustin623

Thank you very much

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX You have come to the right place for a new day and a new beginning. This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be smoke-free. Quitting smoking requires hard work.  It can be challenging at times but you will learn that it is doable if you adhere to NOPE not one puff ever no matter what. Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/how-to-quit-smoking.php#thl and if there are any areas you need to address get started.

Start first, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction.  

Education is the key to a successful quit.

Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking

elvan

Welcome to EX, you cannot be too prepared or too educated about this journey.  Quitting IS a journey and not an event...it takes time to feel the benefits but it gets MUCH EASIER and you will feel better about yourself, that's a bonus to quitting.

Again, welcome.

Ellen

MarilynH

Welcome to the community please read everything you can about quitting smoking and remaining quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom, you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime tonight will be Day WON with many more to come you can do this quit believe it deep breaths and know that we're here to help you through any rough patches that you may come upon. 

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Hi annaaustin623.  The Elders have given you some wonderful resources and helpful insight.  I am newly into my journey and understand the cravings and urges, but I do know they dissipate.  Being mindful of your feelings is helpful as you learn to move through them and not react to them.  Welcome and I look forward to celebrating with you on days WON.

-Michelle

Sandi4

Welcome!  Wishing you HUGE success in your quit.  Stay close to this site. You'll receive great support here.

Sandi

AnnetteMM

Work breaks are tough, to be sure.  You want to be with your friends outside, it's boring inside, and you need to replaced the usual activity with something else.  If possible, get a REALLY great cup of coffee and light snack.

indingrl

Cool and welcome Anna to your NEW NON SMOKER LIFE with recovering support and please remember just for TODAY.... one day at a time....that is ALL anyone has....this 24 hours to break down into seconds if you Anna need to as you enjoy your NEW NON SMOKER day with tons of love... joy and hope and with lots of encouragement and please know WE will stay   QUIT TOGETHER....helping one another to never take another puff and please keep coming BACK.