cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

My Silly Cat

We have 4 cats right now and one is the biggest goofball of all.  His name is Osbourne (aka Ozzy, Oz, brat, s***head, damn cat, etc.) for several reasons.  He is a black cat and as a kitten he looked like a little black bear.  The name Osbourne means 'divine bear'.  When you held him on his back he would stick his paws up just like a baby bear does.  And of course being an all black cat he was also named for Ozzy Osbourne of Black Sabbath who earned the nickname of 'The dark prince of rock and roll'.  Just like Ozzy he has turned into a mischievous, funny guy. 

He is also called the 'cave bear' as he loves to be under sheets, blankets, etc.  I was sorting laundry and he was in the basket.  I added more and this is still where  he is:

Oz in laundry.jpg

Oz laundry closeup.jpg

17 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Cats are the BEST!

Kimshine

So sweet, I love my kitties  too!

constanceclum

I have 2 black cats named Roxie and Rosie. They are sisters that we got at 6 weeks and they are 12 now. The are blessings every single day!

Connie

Mandolinrain

So cute

Giulia

Look at that face!!!  He does look like a little bear.  Ah cats and laundry.  Favorite place to hang out.  Even if there's nothing in the basket....

IMG_7799.JPG

minihorses

Wow, they both look like 2 of our other cats.  The gray tabby looks exactly like our cat Snowball. My youngest son, who was 6 y.o. at the time, named him because he said the cat looked liked "when snow got dirty".  How my son knew that snow looked dirty after plowing I have no idea.  He was born and raised in the south!  The other cat looks kinda like Niko who has blotches of tabby on mostly white fur.  Yours looks more calico though.  And yes, laundry baskets are a favorite sleeping place for all except one of our cats who could care less!

0 Kudos
indingrl

I miss my cat 

0 Kudos
Kimshine

You should get yourself another one to love! ♥

0 Kudos
Giulia

Can you not get another one?  I know - the new one won't replace the other in your heart, but they offer an opportunity for a new piece of one's heart to grow.  I've had three amazing cats who each have stolen a piece of my heart.  The first when I was very young.  The next in my 20s.  Lasted into my thirties.  I could take her anywhere and let her out and she'd come when called.  Anywhere.  Drove with her to Winnipeg on a gig, took her out on a rubber raft in Cape Cod.  Then the last jewel of my heart, an unflabbable soul who wasn't afraid of vacuum cleaners, steadfast and always there for you - no matter what.  Like a good  quit.  A true blue friend.  Another 12 years of living.  And now we have these new two.  I don't yet know how they will own my heart.  That's yet to be discovered.  But  it doesn't have to be a cat.  If your circumstances don't allow animals per se - there are fish.  May sound stupid, but I can see myself being attached emotionally to a fish in a tank in my home. 

Sorry - I just went to place in my head where you may not even be.  But when someone says "I miss my cat" it kind of takes us where it takes us.