cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karenjones

Free for 30 Days

Well I am off to a new job and getting all packed up, I will have a room in the city where I work, but will return to my little home in the country on my days off. I am 30 days free of cigarettes and very happy about that, I have avoided 931 cigarettes , it hurts my lungs to even think of that. Mostly I am so happy about my head space, because I know that If I were still smoking I would  be seriously depressed about that. Everything about cigarettes is negative.  I hear people say that they would like to smoke a cigarette and I think 'you wouldddd???" Or someone who said 'cigarettes are my friend'.  That is like someone saying 'heroin is my friend'. I am real glad to know that cigarettes are not my friend. I do not crave to have them, nor do I believe in 'triggers'.  I am so greatful to be able to lay the depression down that comes with smoking cigarettes.  in the early days I used this forum alot. And it was very helpful. I won't be around much for a while, but that does not mean that I have relapsed or anything. Keep on Quitting.

10 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Best of luck starting this new chapter!  I hope it is all that you wish. 

Remember there, too, that there is NEVER a good reason to smoke - there are only excuses.

You will be missed - do stop in when you can!

Nancy

Congratulations on your new job and quitting smoking. Wonderful news!

Mandolinrain

Love seeing these uplifting posts! Congrats on a month down and a new job, WOW you have been busy and thats super

Lisaml

Congratulations!! Best wishes as you move forward! 

indingrl

CONGRATS KAREN ON 30 DAYS NICOTINE FREE and leaving to go LIVE AS A NON SMOKER....please keep coming BACK and visit thank you.

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS on BOTH...the job AND the NON-smoking.  How exciting!  Best of both worlds...city and country, I LOVE that! Really happy for you!

Ellen

Jerica_82

New beginnings are so exciting.  Wishing you the best!  You're doing great and I agree with everything you said. Smoking is depressing.  I was once a fool to believe that smoking was calming and relaxing... I'm glad it's behind me enough now to know that it was quite the opposite.  Take care and update us when you can.   

Sandi4

karenjones

Wishing you a huge congratulations on your 30 Days of Freedom and all the best in your new role!

Sandi

Karen-All the Best with your new job! STAY in touch with us and we will know how it's going for you.

Prairie 70 DOF