AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with quitting

Question asked by tallmidget on Apr 11, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 by GyorgyiM

I have been a smoker for almost 35 years.  Like most I have quit multiple times(all when I was younger).  I have tried a few times in recent years and failed yet again.  My problem is that I am OCD and require routine in my life.  I can find a way to get past the nicotine, but the change in routine is so difficult for me.  I do not have medical insurance, so medication is out of the question.  I have tried all the usual things(straws, candy, gum, healthy snacks. etc) and none of those have worked.  The older I get, the more important my daily routine is to me.  Quitting smoking means making about 20 changes to my daily routine.  The thought is just terrifying!  I plan on purchasing the Harmless Cigarettes and giving those a try. I was hoping that someone else here has OCD and can give me some pointers on how to deal with the changes that are about to happen.  My anxiety(which i also have issues with) is already through the roof just thinking about the disruption in my life.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Outcomes