cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to post video link using Insert Link button

While we have Mark‌'s attention, may I report that I have been unable to post  a video link using the "link" icon in the reply to a blog window. 

Thanks!

Nancy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
elvan

You MAY, hahahahaha.

0 Kudos

Have you tried insert video. arrow button on the right of camera button.  I have never used the link to insert video.  I will see how that works. 

Insert link is just that to insert a link.  Not video

0 Kudos

JACKIE1-25-15 wrote:

Link inserted

Will only show the link for you to access video. 

i so excited gif - - Yahoo Image Search Results 

JACKIE1-25-15‌ Did you mean to do an insert link or insert image?  Looks like you posted the yahoo Image search results instead of the link to the actual image.

Insert Link:

Happy Best Day Ever GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY 

or if you do insert image (from the web): May not work for an animated GIF file

Kermit the Frog

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I always used the insert video icon and chose embedded

0 Kudos

That little arrow is not an option in a reply window.  When I copy the URL for a video, and try to paste it via the link icon, nothing happens!

Are we talking about the same thing????

0 Kudos

Look like you have to put url in both boxes.  link and text to display. 

0 Kudos

Not necessarily.  But i do recommend that it is something descriptive of the link.

pastedImage_2.png

Text to display can be anything your heart desires but in the end it will go to Kermit the frog

JACKIE1-25-15 wrote:

Look like you have to put url in both boxes.  link and text to display. 

If you insert a link and the page has a page title you can actually update the page title easily.

1. Insert link (https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0geKWZh3MtacEQAVcIPxQt.?p=i+so+excited+gif&fr=yhs-i...**)  or Paste link https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0geKWZh3MtacEQAVcIPxQt.?p=i+so+excited+gif&fr=yhs-i...*.
  2. Left click and then click the T for "Auto-Title".
    pastedImage_9.png
  3. If a title is available it will automatically fix it to "i so excited gif - - Yahoo Image Search Results ".  If no auto-title is available it will be grayed out and you won't be able to click it.

*In many cases when when you paste a link it should automatically try to fetch the title but sometimes this doesn't happen***. 
**If you insert a link and past the URL in it will usually auto-fill the Text to Display field with the URL so it is better if you just paste the URL inline so that the application can try to fetch the page title.

***Please note, your anti-virus software and some browser plug-ins could prevent certain actions from taking place.  If you're seeing an unexpected behavior attempt to try the same action on another browser or temporarily disable your browser plug-ins to see if they are the culprit. We don't endorse disabling your anti-virus software.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos