cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

STATE OF CONFUSION...........

Don't know why????? This morning after going to bed, way earlier than normal. Sleeping in,dragging around with light weight chores. I'm still so Fatigued! Yesterday was Day 60 for ME.....Just had the Overwhelming Urge to go back and read what I had put in my blogs.....Trying to put together, new blog about the past 60 days. What has happened,

what I've learned,where I'm at and where I am heading!!!!!!! (my goal for the weekend,Snow is on its way)

I HATE THAT CONCENTRATION is so WACKY!  Somedays it is 100% and other Days, it feels like ZIPPO!

Yesterday,I don't know what, I DID????? I was defrosting a Cinnamon Bagel from freezer,then toasting it...

My finishing touch is usually some peanutbutter on top. I HAVE NO IDEA, WHAT I PUSHED ON THE MIC????

I took the bagel out, was tossing it back and forth from one hand to another...It was Smoking HOT!!!! Finally cools,

I split it, turn heat way down on toaster, to Brown it up....... I smear the peanutbutter and sit down with 

some decaf coffee. I go to BITE into it and WHOA!!!!!!! IT IS LIKE BITING, INTO OVER BAKED SALAD CROUTONS!

What the HECK, did I do???????? Hubby thought is was pretty FUNNY! As this house rarely has a Food Disaster,

when I'm in charge........I was Hungry and ready to EAT...so I DIPPED IT in coffee and ate it anyway! This is an

Example of the TWILIGHT ZONE,I FIND MYSELF IN SOMETIMES....I am the Organized person in this house....

NOT FLY BY SEAT OF HIS PANTS GUY! (Glad I'm entertaining him as my journey progresses.) I haven't

been CRABBY but a couple times....Sleep patterns and Exercise patterns are CRAZY!  Finding things, I WANT

to do, while TRAPPED INSIDE.....USUALLY READING,NEEDLEWORK can keep me  BUSY, if I finished

my work for the day....(Past few days , I just don't feel interested in anything...) Just going through the motions of laundry,meals,cleaning on auto pilot! As of yesterday,Do have the repairs and painting of 3 rooms scheduled

later part of April. Hubby is off to a farm sale of friends today. I couldn't go,because it is all outside and it is too

COLD FOR ME.... I do plan to bake  2 small batches of cookies today. It was the only thing, I didn't get done

yesterday. I was Thrilled to HIT Day 60 yesterday! Today the only thought that KEEPS POPPING BACK INTO MY HEAD IS: there's another 60, then another 60 and another 60,etc.......Sure makes things that need to be done,

VERY DIFFICULT! Appears when 1 thing Improves, ANOTHER POPS UP???????????

I THINK, it is starting to TICK me OFF, that Hubby goes to town several times a week.....Whether the Trip is Really Necessary or NOT???? He is Outside morning and evening to FEED Livestock. During day to check the water

tank and get the mail. When temps. are warmer he is outside most of the day.........I Miss ALL the people, I see on a daily basis,the months I am in my Senior Park in Texas. Most of them will be back in their home state or traveling elsewhere before April is over. About 3 dozen residents that are there year round. I avoid the Phone, as it has always been a HUGE TRIGGER for me.  

STILL WINTER HERE..........Sun is shining, but high today is maybe 20. It was -5 a couple nights ago,and the future forecast is little warmer, but then Snow ...every other day for the next week........... The weather is Depressing ME!

Not nice enough to be OUTSIDE....... I have the issue with  Cold Temperatures and what it does to me.... Think,I'm getting a case of CABIN FEVER????? My little mazy girl has gotten cabin fever....Have Gained Some Weight,because

I can't shake the Fatigue,so I'm NOT GETTING MY EXERCISE PROGRAM DONE!  Outside weather is a BIG part of the problem.... There shouldn't be any snow on ground now...The temps. should be around 50 at least!  

I HAVE NO DESIRE TO LIGHT UP, but if they were here: I THINK, I would Anyways..... Putting those words down are Shocking to ME! I have FOUGHT  for  EVERY SINGLE STEP of FREEDOM!  I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK TO

DAY 1, EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!  I CAN'T FOCUS TODAY AND FEEL SO LOST! I HAVE A REAL HARD TIME PROCESSING ALL THESE EMOTIONS..........THE EMOTIONAL STUFFER would like to go back to just STUFFING 

MY EMOTIONS!!!  WHY????????? Because I have no idea, who this person is!!!!!! I am not sure I am going to 

like her........

I'm going to hit the publish button....You will NOW Know, how Crazy I am!!!!!!!!! 

14 Replies
Bonnie

Hi there, Prairie Rose, I so get where you're coming from...I am keeping this quit no matter what because I don't want to go through this stuff ever again!  I see you drink decaf--Caffeine helped me in the early quit days with concentration, but since I had to avoid coffee as a trigger I drank really strong tea .  You're NOT crazy, you're living a new life really.  That's the way I decided to look at it.  I could always stop smoking when I changed my environment (went on vacation, etc.) but picked it up as soon as I came home.  I've gone easy on myself as far as daily "accomplishments" since I quit...Going easy on myself is a very hard thing for me to do...I think I "drove" myself with nicotine a lot of the time and didn't realize it...Try and cut yourself a little slack...SIXTY is huge...the physical craving part gets easier, but the psychological adjustment takes awhile...you accomplish something every day that you don't smoke!  And every day you deal with your emotions without nicotine...I'm realizing my emotional "maturity" may not match my physical age since I used cigs to deal with strong emotions most of my life...and ruined many a good quit by relapsing because of some emotional trauma...NOT THIS TIME...Let's stay strong ♥

Thanks Bonnie,I know  NOW my energy came from caffiene and nicotine.... all my adult life. I cut back on caffiene

before I QUIT smoking. I also, made some dietary changes too... I was already a big veggie eater,lean proteins,not much for fast or junk food.... Those changes were made months before the quit. There are so many things about my Journey "I LOVE"  My mouth is always fresh. Less laundry because; I'd never put anything I smoked in, back into my closet.... Most of the Time, I am Calm inside.(something I never knew before) I don't have any desire to Light Up, but the EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER IS DRAGGING ME DOWN!!!!

I also think, my Blood Pressure Meds are not doing their job. Some of my current issues are side effects of them. I

Never did get my cookies baked! I couldn't pull myself together. Spent a bunch of time reading reviews on my BP meds.

Finding alot of reviews with many of my issues. Now ...I am really questioning my meds are part of the problem.

They are NOT keeping my BP level... I have given myself so much Slack that I feel like a Snail! Weather isn't helping!

BE BACK, as I have to turn oven down and start my rice pilaf. Chicken is baking in oven. Tossed Salad and fresh steamed broccoli..... I've lost my grip on my Exercising that has to effect my moods too.........I don't do well with Depression.....Never have! Don't take a depression med,because they never found one my system meshed with......

Thanks Kim.............

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I absolutely could not live in the north - lol - us southerners go crazy at the mention of snow.  61 days is incredible!  And you will start seeing more good days than bad - That is what NML is all about - these bad days sneak upon us out of no where.   But the bad times  will pass.  Just as this winter will eventually pass.  I hope that you are feeling better by now.  Good job on 61 days - you are a rock star!

Thanks Jennifer.......

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I don't have much to say, hope you feel better by coming here and venting.  Sounds like you may need a getaway from the getaway,.  Anyway.  I think you do a fantastic job protecting your quit.  Easy to quit protecting it is the work.  No matter how you feel right now smoking will not make you feel any better.  Good Job.  Hang tough, stay close never give up or in the best is yet to come. Breathe

Thanks for all the encouragement Jackie and all the rest of you too........ I just HATE these days, where I FEEL like the POO in the toilet bowl......... instead of the powerful SWISH OF WATER that carries it away! I KNOW THIS TOO SHALL PASS...........Hanging tough and not going near town!

0 Kudos
Barb102

Great job keeping your quit no matter what. Your super even if u don’t know it. What you are feeling we all feel at one time or another. Stay with us we can do this NOPE   We are in this together always remember that❤️

Barb