cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Waves of fear

The past few days I have had unexplained waves of fear.  They don't last very long.  I'm just surprised that they come out of no where.  They're not cravings or urges.  I'm not even sure I'm thinking about smoking when they occur.  Just wondering if others have this experience.

60 Replies
GyorgyiM

Fear......of what exactly? 

MichelleDiane

I don't think it's a what.  It's a feeling like when you think something is wrong, but there's nothing wrong.  Your stomach starts turning, but it's not hunger.  Maybe it's more like a panic feeling?

GyorgyiM

That's what I was guessing....panic or anxiety...Perhaps when you recognize that it's coming on, you can immediately try to distract yourself to pull you out of that zone...????

Never had that one happen to me. But I do know when we quit that our brain chemistry changes a bit and that this manifests itself in different ways for different people. I hope you feel better soon!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

GyorgyiM

I have posted this to a different discussion but it may be worthy of processing...

ThePersonalQuotes - Love Quotes , Life Quotes

Lisaml

Anxiety? I've had a pretty significant uptick in anxiety the last week-10 days. I usually am kinda private about stuff but had confessed to an elder that my brain chemistry is really messed up at the moment- I can literally FEEL it. Like Chuck says, our chemistry does go through some changes. 

PLEASE hang in there with me. Xox

Kimshine

I've had this also. For me, I think more sadness than anxiety but it's hard to sort through what's going on sometimes. Wishing you well! ♥

MichelleDiane

Will do.  Lisa.

YoungAtHeart

Sounds to me like a  very mild panic attack.....I was subject to those during a PTSD episode and it helped a LOT to go for a quick, brisk walk.  You could even march in place for a bit if you can't go outside