Give and get support around quitting

IrishRose

Love That Scent

The wild and windy March once more

Has shut his gates of sleet,

And given us back the April-time,

So fickle and so sweet.

–Alice Cary (1820–71)

You've got to be loving those new scents in the Spring air since you put down those cancer sticks!  Protect your quit!!  Why?  Because you just don't do that anymore!!!

Irish Rose

23 Replies
YoungAtHeart

If you are still smoking you will miss:  the fragrance of blooming hyacinths on the breeze - like nothing else on this earth.  Even the wet, muddy earth awakening from the cold is a welcome smell!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

IrishRose

YoungAtHeart , hyacinths are my favorite flower at the beginning of Spring.  When I go to the store, I follow that scent in the air until I find them.  I have to pick up one of the plant pots, smell it, close my eyes, and my thoughts go directly to being a little girl again.  It makes me smile for the rest of the day. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You could buy a bulb or three at the store in the Fall, pot them in some soil or sand,  water a bit, then put in a cool, dim place for the winter  You can bring them out as early as the end of January, give them some water and a sunny window.  When they are done - you can sneak the bulbs in the ground in a park if you don;t have a garden.

0 Kudos
IrishRose

YoungAtHeart‌ , I live in South Carolina, and bulbs just do not do well here.  If they do survive the extreme heat, they still have to deal with those pesty squirrels, which have already eaten up my daylily bulbs.  Grrrrrrrrr!  I was born and raised in New York, and bulbs do so very well there.

GyorgyiM

Smell this............................. Mmmmmmmmmm

Flowers with mountains and water in the distance

IrishRose

GyorgyiM‌ , wish I was in the middle of that field - beautiful!

GyorgyiM

IrishRose,I wish I lived in a "glass house" in the middle of that field, near the lake and the mountains....

IrishRose

GyorgyiM‌ , that would be so cool, and have a kayak with a fishing pole sitting at the shoreline of that lake too, ready to go paddling whenever you wanted to.  That would be a dream of living conditions!

Irish Rose

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

I live in South Carolina as well and go kayaking on Saluda Lake and Saluda River . I can't wait till the weather warms up and I can get back on the water....

Kayaking in the Fall