Give and get support around quitting

Things for me to think about

How do i avoid telling my dad the first days

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What are you wanting to avoid telling your dad?

EX Community Admin Team

Because I have quit so many times he does not believe me no more

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Imagine that you have duct tape over your mouth every time you think you are going to tell him.  Instead of telling him say "duct tape and laugh".  You have something over on him.  Your secret.  Your quit is your own however it helps to have support. Spend time here and work on making your quit a forever quit.  Actions speak louder than words. 

elvan

He doesn't have to believe you...YOU have to believe you.  I didn't tell my youngest daughter for longer than anyone else because I had also quit repeatedly and I really did not want to see her face.  I would just not say anything and see if he even notices...chances are that he won't.  I LOVE JACKIE1-25-15‌'s idea.  Duct tape fixes EVERYTHING!

Welcome to EX.

Ellen

missellen

Hi Rudy, I know the feeling well.  I echo what has been said here already--you are quitting for you, so the only person who needs to believe is YOU.  I've quit and quit my quit so many times (going through that now), that I don't even bother telling some people, because I understand their disbelief.  That's one huge reason that this place is soooo helpful.  Try not to worry about your dad, focus on you and come here as often as you need to--there is a ton of support here.  Take care.

--Ellen