cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Give and get support around quitting

How long does it take to get rid of the overwhelming feeling to cry ๐Ÿ˜ž?

Good morning , I am new to the group . I have surgery next week .  Iam a stressed out mess . but the crying , just comes on some times out of no where .. Than doesn't stop ...

0 Kudos
18 Replies
karenjones

Well tears are not a bad thing. They actually release stress toxins from your body.  A little cry never did anyone ill.  I cried about 5 times yesterday. If someone was kind I cried.  Mostly I cried when I heard of kindness. But if you are copiously weeping for hours. Stop it. Just stop it. Put a ice cold cloth on your face.  and stop stressing out. you are just messing yourbody and mind through allowing stress. Surgery next week, next week. Not now. and anyway, you cannot influence the surgery next week today. When you awake from surgery you will need to rest to heal from the surgery. Do not worry about the surgery. The people who will be performing the surgery take it very seriously, they have studied very hard for up to 20 years on how to do your surgery. You couldn't be in better hands. Be grateful that you are living in 2018 instead of 1818 or even 1930 when surgeries of this kind were just not possible. You are lucky to live in a country where you get the surgery you need.  What kind of surgery are you having?  I had major surgery too and know that it can be scary. I also worked in the OR so I know not to worry about what was going to happen. Because I was one of those people who had studied many years to make sure that everything went exactally right.  \I'm here for you.

It is a second colon resection ,,, thank you for the advice ...

karenjones

you better keep in touch missy.  do you have chroens ??

I have  diverticulitis seems to get infections a lot   ,  I will . still getting use to the site and how it works .. 

Yes Karen ill be in touch a lot ..

karenjones one more day under my belt ,,,,, feel like dog poop today though..Iam still learning my way around this site .Should i be in a group or just post when need be ??

0 Kudos
elvan

Kimberlymillsaps  You certainly can join any group that interests you, I suggest that you blog on a regular basis, you will find that people in all stages of their quits will anxiously reach out to help you.  PLEASE believe that things will get better...the beginning is rough and there are no short cuts.  Stay close to the site...we are all here to help and we have all been where you are right now.

Ellen

Thank you elvan ,,, there time I feel like giving up !!! Been doing the puzzles ,, cleaning something , doing laundry ..just anything ..

karenjones

probably an idea to start a blog. that way it is seen by alot of people. I saw this in conversations. Conversations is good too. But blogs are good too. if you want to contact someone look up in the righthand corner see the @ symbol, then just type their name or go to their page and follow and a drop down list will show who you are following. you are going for surgery next week, what day? how long will you be in hosp? youve had this surgery before haven't you. ??  Well, it is a good time to quit smoking for sure., seeing as how they don't allow in hosp. how many days smoke free are you now? Sure it is hard int he beginning but not that hard. you have been through worse. Your health will improve withing 3 days. Of course feeling like poop is because your body is ridding of toxins from smoking and mobilizing in the healing process. Take vitamin C, D and B's and drink lots of water. Try to rest. Healing takes alot of energy away from you as it diverts to repair of the body.  keep us updated by blogg. @Kimberleymillsaps