cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

EmSti7

Day 22 Cold Turkey

Hello everyone! 

I’m only joining this wonderful community today because I somehow managed to plough through the start on my own. I’ve had all sorts of problems with my digestive system and nausea, I’ve had sleepless nights and feelings of anxiety and depresssion and brain fog and headaches and my god it is overwhelming. My withdrawal symptoms got really bad in week 2. 

The brain fog lifted yesterday for the first time and I slept more soundly but still not as much as I would have liked. However, I woke up this morning feeling sick to my stomach with dread and feeling anxious in anticipation of what kind of horrors I’ll have to face today. I just need to hear that this is normal and that it will pass I guess. 

Please keep me strong everyone! 

Much love,

Emilia

25 Replies
GyorgyiM

NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL.....................

It's all going to be okay....I am headed towards week 6 and still have side effects of withdrawal, BUT I really do welcome them even if they are uncomfortable.....

Why? 

Because I am HEALING with each discomfort that I experience....

and I KNOW that this is only TEMPORARY .....

That includes the occasional cravings because my brain is learning and adjusting to my new lifestyle  that I  DO NOT SMOKE, and one day that (cravings) will also pass..

I can wait....

It's worth my health, and the rest of my HAPPY life.....

Embrace your discomforts, I know it's hard, but keep a positive outlook and start to rethink and change your attitude because YOU DON'T SMOKE ! 

Miles of Smiles....

EmSti7

Thanks so much for the reply! I think the worst part of it is that I’m done with university for the year and I’ve been home alone so the cravings are really bad. If I’m reading or watching tv by myself my brain just constantly thinks about cigarettes and it makes me feel restless and anxious. I haven’t felt relaxed since I quit really. But I do feel better than a week ago where I was just an absolute physical and emotional mess so I guess things can only get better  

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

NORMAL ......I could not watch one entire TV show, nor a movie for about 2 to 3 weeks! I had to keep myself busy till I wore myself out literally and I did a lot of home projects and cleaning...I went to sleep 8:30 instead of 10:00 and I didn't care, it's what my body wanted. I woke up at all odd hours of the morning, and I knew I would loose sleep and be tired, but I just laid there and smiled because I was a NON SMOKER!!

Whatever floats your boat, DO IT !

Exercise, walk, run, read, art.....etc

I talked A LOT to myself for the first few weeks also, at home and in the truck....It didn't matter because I knew it was what I HAD to do until my mind and body calmed down...

LOOK AT ME NOW !!!! The crazies left and I feel WONDERFUL !

I can sit now and watch TV without reaching for a cig...

I can drive my truck to and from work without reaching for a cig...

You can do it...just find YOUR HOW .......

EmSti7

Thank you so much! I really really appreciate hearing that. I’ve been talking to myself too to chase the crazies away! Does a good job of keeping me motivated. I’ll hang on in there, stay determined and I cannot wait to get to the same stage as you! Congrats on quitting! Much love to you  

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Miles of Smiles...................................

karenjones

one thing that has been a life saver for me is researching this addiction. and there is lots and lots of research out there. lots and lots. tons and tons. and you have the time now to do that research. become an expert on your own addiction, well, hey, its mine as well. if cigaretts weren;t legal we would probalby all be in jail now.  start with one of five. Audio Dharma - Kevin Griffin's Dharma Talks  Kevin, like you and me, is a recovering addict.  this is for you spirit.  for your mind.... nicotine is a monoamine oxidaze inhibitor.  this is your body on cigarettes. Smoking Decreases Enzyme in Peripheral Organs of Smokers  keep in touch. friend me on this site. I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS TO ASK YOU.   you are doing good. keep detoxing. be kind to yor self.   karen  12 days free.

KTQeeyore

Your symptoms seem perfectly normal to me. 22 days smoke free is amazing! You should

be very proud of yourself!   

EmSti7

Thank you  now that I feel a little less horrific I am starting to feel more proud  

TW517

I just had to say hi and welcome!  I joined last May 15, which was my 21st day of cold turkey (I beat you by a day ).  Was having all those symptoms and worried I was doing something wrong.  I had quit a bunch of times before and didn't want to relapse yet again.  This community saved me.  Glad you reached out!