cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karenjones

The one puff lie

I don't have to worry about not smoking tomorrow or the next day or in 5 weeks or 2 years. I just have to be vigilant about one puff. I am lucky that I live in the country and the stores close early and cigarettes are not available then. I don't dare go into a grocery store, because they sell cigarettes there. Luckily I stocked up on food and milk and bread and coffee and soups. and tomatoes and parsley and cheddar. I am fortunate that I do not want to smoke. I have believed the one puff lie before, 3 times to be exact, so it is not going to fool me again. Now I am hyper alert for what might fool me again. i need to relax. but I am not going to smoke to do that. Eleven days quit and it feels like day 3. Tomorrow is another day. and a day Won is a million times better than a Day One. Thanks folks, for sharing your struggles and victories. It has sure helped alot. Alot.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Karen,

Don't be thinking about how difficult it is for you to go buy smokes.  You don't do that anymore ----- end of thought.  Maybe when you start to go there, think instead about what you might buy yourself with the money you are saving the next time you get in town.

You are DOING this!  Keep at it!

Nancy

Sootie

Keep that stubborn attitude.....NOT GOING DOWN THAT ROAD!

You can do this.....we all did and we are no different from you.

Stay Strong

Congrats Karen! You're doing it 1 step at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stocking up was a great idea!

Hang in there gal!  I Hit day 50 today......After 45 yrs. as a Smoker...if, I can do it

anyone can do it!!!!!!!!!! Never thought about wanting to smoke at all in the past 2 days.......

prairie 50 dof

Cricket

Karen, Bless your heart!!  Congratulations!  I am 46 days quit and I smoked for 37 years.  You can do this and the further a you get from your quit date the higher your self Esteem.  You are alot stronger than you think!  Hang in there, it Will get better.

Cricket, 46 DOF