cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

emilyt123078

Quit buddy~going on a month

Hello all!

I'm at day 25. As I approach the end of this month, I'm getting a little nervous. I read, "No man's land" on site, so, you know, it dawned on me that maybe I might fall victim to boredom and wanting to go back to smoking. Are there quit buddies on here? If so, anyone want to buddy up and have each other's back? 

~♥~ Mary

9 Replies
anaussiemom

Dont think about NML.   Not eveyone goes thru that...

karenjones

Hey, youre way ahead of me.  I am not sure about no mans land. but as someone who went 5 years without a cigarette and thought I could have one.  That was a hard hard hard lesson for me to learn.  I went from one one day to one the next day and right back to over a pack a day, for 4 months. And I did not enjoy it. I quit for 17 days in Dec,  4 days in Jan. 3 days in Feb and each time I just felt so depressed about smoking. I could have been happy but I was depressed.  In March I have 10 days, this is the tenth.  Guard you quit. with your life.  At all times. You may not be smoking right now, but that addict in you is waiting for you to slack up on your vigilence. my-top-20-quotes-about-alcoholism-addiction-recovery-and-my-top-20-quotes-about-alcoholism-addiction-recovery-and-sobriety.jpg  25 days is a real win for you.  Do not risk losing it.  You cannot rest on your laurels.  Not one Puff Ever.  Not one Puff Ever. N.O.P.E.  I'll be your quit buddy, but hey, there are hundreds of people here who will too.  Just holler.  We'll come running. Day or night.  don't smoke.jpg

0 Kudos
karenjones

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/1778-did-you-plan-your-relapse      The thought just passed my mind, you are not planning a relapse are you?  Because, believe me, that !st day of quitting will not be easier the next time. Remember how hard 1st, 2nd, 3rd days were?? Well they don't get easier the 2, 3, 4th times around.  Check out the Planning Your Relapse posts, just go to the top of the page and search it.  Maybe you are walking yourself into No Mans Land... Red Lights, Detour, Detour. 

0 Kudos
emilyt123078

You're right. It is very difficult getting back on board and I'm not getting any younger. I have NO plans on relapse, but the last time I quit, I didn't have any plans either. I have no idea what possessed me to start up again. This time, I'm on a message board, I have my daily pledge to myself. I check in here every day and I ask that all my friends and family understand and support me as I would do the same for them. I've got a good plan.  I'm not feeling like I want one. That's huge. In the past, it took a couple of months before I felt the way I do now. I'm a head of the game and very happy about it. 

I've always been a good quitter, just not a good stay-quitter. 

0 Kudos
Kimshine

Hey Emily, 

Just stay the course that you're on. You're doing great!

If you feel like you are experiencing a problem in your quit, you know this is the place to come for help.

NML isn't just a magical thing that all of a sudden happens at 30+ days. I was there before and I didn't have many problems there. I just had to remember not to become complacent.

My problem was DRINKING AND LOSING INHIBITIONS.

You've got this, we will help you!

Kim

Bdwallhau

Hi, Mary. I'm day 28, I think. So, we're neck and neck   I'm happy to help in any way I can. It's intimidating to read about NML and about so many relapses. But, then again, we know that this is not easy. It takes a lot of support. Thankfully, there's lots of support to be found here! --- Dawn

diamond01

I will be your quit buddy, I will message you my number, Thanks Helen.

emilyt123078

Thanks Helen!

I'm feeling strong now.  Several years ago, I told myself, "Nope, not interested at all in a cigarette!" Yeah, well, that didn't go very well. I went back to it and it wasn't for any good reason. I appreciate it. If I feel like I'm completely losing it, I'll hit you up. Thank you!

0 Kudos