cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Screaming

Okay.  Instead of smoking I am screaming.  Person who works with my Autistic daughter cancelled again at the last minute.  Couldn't find a replacement.  Had to cancel afternoon clients because I don't want her to miss her Culinary class again (it is for independent living skills).  Other person who works with my daughter on Thursdays for community outings wants to change her hours and they don't match my daughter's.  And to boot Pearle Vision lost my glasses and lenses, but failed to call me.  I'm not really screaming, but my stomach is.  So frustrated, but just like I said in the text to my husband two minutes ago...not worth smoking over!  And it's not and I won't.  Just saying.

48 Replies
bonniebee

This is a great place to vent our frustrations ! Glad you stopped by to do just that ! 

I know nothing is worth smoking over it certainly won't change these frustrating things that happen and smoking would be the worse thing I could do to myself ! I know have the thought sometimes but I would be so angry with

myself if I ever gave in to that thought !

Hope things get better for you ,we all have those days !

KTQeeyore

NOPE! Smoking would not find you a replacement. Smoking would not find your glasses.

Hang in there MD! You can do this!   

You're powering through! That's important. Each time you make through one of these times, it makes you stronger. Glad you came here instead. Good for you! Stay focused, as you are and you'll be fine!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Screaming is better than smoking.  Screaming out loud is better than you stomach screaming.  Find a place that you can just go and really SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Breathing will help also

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Jackie JACKIE1-25-15 did you ever see the movie

Cabaret ? One of the most memorable parts of the movie for me was when she (Liza Monnelli ) was so upset and frustrated that she went into an  underpass and when the train was crossing overhead she screamed as loud and as long as she could ! I will never forget it even though I have long  forgotten just what she was screaming about . I have had times in my life where I  longed to do that  myself !

Giulia

Let it out.  Let it all out!  lol

MichelleDiane

BonnieBee.quit.2.8.15KTQeeyoreChuck_Quit_2-20-2011JACKIE1-25-15Giulia, didn't scream, but I did put my sneakers on and went for a two mile walk.  Back now and going to take a shower and appreciate being able to go with my daughter to see her cook.  I needed to gain perspective and I will take this as a gift.  Thanks for the support.  Always appreciated!

Giulia

Good for you on that 2 mile walk.  Way to bust that craving.

Here's for you bonniebee

bonniebee

Awwwwwwwwthstwas great Giulia Giulia‌ thanks I needed that ....her scream will do !

BTW I loved that movie !

0 Kudos