cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ingenuenlove

I had 2 dreams

Today is day 31. Phew, right? Yes and no. Last night and the previous night I dreamt of smoking again. It is a little disconcerting because I have been very stoic in my resolve for 30 days. I still am stoic outta spite...cuz who do cigarettes to think they are invading my dream space like a horror story trying to take over....ugh

6 Replies
GyorgyiM

I am on day 33, and I had my FIRST smoke dream two nights ago!  Weird huh?

I was sooooooo angry when I woke up,but when I realized it was only a dream I got a BIG SMILE on my face.....and shouted out " I DIDN'T SMOKE" !!!

Ugh, back at cha'....LoL

Miles of Smiles...

YoungAtHeart

I think MOST of us here have had smokemares.  They are perfectly normal - try to look at them in a different light --- TRY when you wake up to think IMMEDIATELY how wonderful it is that it  WAS a dream and be proud that you don't do that anymore!

I am very proud that you don't do that anymore.

Nancy

KTQeeyore

The smoking dreams can be so realistic. In my dreams I would always freak out

about having to fess up to my friends at my previous quit smoking forum!

ingenuenlove and GyorgyiM, You each have a great quit going! Keep it up!

Had one the other night & it still baffles me at how real they are.

Congratulations on your 31 days of freedom.

Keep on keepin on,

pastedImage_1.png

Kimshine

They are startling because they seem so real. I have had them in the past. The good thing is it was only a dream! Congratulations on your 31 days!

karenjones

In my dreams it isnt me smoking. I dreamed some friends of mine had a 5 year old (they have no kids) and their kid was smoking. I dreamed I was at a lake and there were some young girls on a blanket and I looked at the blanked and there was a package of cigarettes on the blanket and I thought 'maybe I could bum a cigarette from them' and then I woke up and felt blaaah. but I am not smoking in my dreams.  My friend who quit smoking said she had a dream where she looked down at her hand and she was holding a cigarette.  Better a dream than reality.