cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bdwallhau

Long drive-favorite podcasts? Go!

Morning, friends and fellow quitters. I have about 3 hours of driving to do today. I'd love to listen to podcasts to keep me distracted from my FORMER favorite driving-associated habit, and to make the time go faster. What are your most favorite podcasts? The ones that you found super engaging? That made you laugh? That inspired you? Maybe not the ones that made you cry, because my eye makeup needs to be intact when I get where I'm going

Let's hear 'em . . .  --Dawn

0 Kudos
15 Replies
TW517

My 2 favorite are:

This American Life:  https://www.thisamericanlife.org/listen 

Radiolab:  Podcasts - Radiolab 

Bdwallhau

Love both of those! Good suggestions. Ted radio hour is good, too. 

TW517

Yep.  Ted and The Moth would be tied for 3 place

0 Kudos
Bdwallhau

How can I forget about Moth?! Another good one. You have me all set now!  

0 Kudos
Bdwallhau

I've always meant to start Serial, too. I like story-based ones that are structured by seasons. Are there others like Serial out there that I need to listen to? 

0 Kudos
TW517

Serial and This American Life have one I just started listening to about a murder in Alabama that is pretty good:

https://stownpodcast.org/ 

YoungAtHeart

Be sure to have a cold bottle of water with you from which to sip.  If you get bored of listening, count the red/blue/white cars or trucks, or semis you see, or the lights you hit or miss.   Come up with names of state capitals or girls'/boys' names for each alphabet letter.  Maybe have some tunes available to sing aloud.  Just keep your mind busy!

Safe travels!

Nancy

Bdwallhau

My cold water and I are never far apart! This was a rural drive, so I had to drink sparingly; only so many pit stops!! Ha ha. But the drive went fine. I'm back at my desk and gearing up for the WEEKEND. Woo hoo!

0 Kudos
karenjones

Librivox.org  is the best audio site going. great catalogue.