cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nymous

Smoking quotes

These were compiled by somebody . Found it on the web, I Liked it and wanted to share with my friends. Link to the original article also given below

https://smokingcessationformula.com/10-quit-smoking-quotes-that-helped-me-quit/    

My Top Quit Smoking Quotes

“All the suffering, stress and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.” Jon Kabat-Zinn

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

“It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” Tony Robbins

Everything you are and everything you have is because of a decision you once made. Decide to quit smoking, and nothing will stop you.

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” -Mark Twain

There will never be a perfect moment to quit smoking. Don’t wait for life to change, it won’t.

If you want to quit smoking cigarettes, you have to take control of the changes you need in your life.

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” -Zig Ziglar

Make a list of all the benefits you will gain by quitting smoking. And revisit it every morning until your mind starts liking the idea of becoming a non-smoker.

“The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed.” – Richard Brinsley Sheridan

A successful quit attempt starts with the decision to try. Making a firm decision to stop smoking will fuel you with determination and motivation.

That’s why choosing to be smoke-free is the first quit smoking stage (I will tell more about it in a bit).

(The next one is my favorite quit quote…)

“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Usually, what’s holding us back from quitting is our beliefs that quitting smoking is impossible or that we can’t quit.

Believe in your potential, and you will be successful.

“Our strength grows out of our weakness.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smoking is your weakness, your comfort. Quitting smoking is a transformational process that will change your confidence in yourself, your health and your life.

“At least three times every day take a moment and ask yourself what is really important. Have the wisdom and the courage to build your life around your answer.” -Lee Jampolsky

Make a list of what you value most in your life. Then compare everything on that list with the instant gratification you get from a cigarette. What’s more important?

“All behavioral or mood disorders – including depression, OCD, ADHD and addiction – have some neurochemical components, but sufferers can still work to overcome them.” -Jeffrey Kluger.

Yes, there are nicotine receptors in the smoker’s brain. But with the right quit smoking method, our brain can feel happy without smoking.

“Checking your ego, abandoning it, letting it go, is a huge part of recovery from addiction.” -Susannah Grant

You will be a happy non-smoker only when being a smoker stops defining who you are.

Ok, here are three more quotes I just had to share…

“There is no such thing in anyone’s life as an unimportant day.” – Alexander Woollcott

I believe this is one of the best no smoking quotes. Don’t wait to quit after Christmas, your birthday, Summer, a celebration or a stressful event.

The perfect time to stop smoking is now because every day you are smoke-free matters.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle

Quitting smoking doesn’t happen overnight. But it can be incredibly easy when you follow a specific process that removes your need to smoke.

This process is the 4 quit smoking stages of the CBQ method. The CBQ has 94% success rate.

“You are greater than your addiction.” – Nasia Davos

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Sootie

These are great! Thanks so much for sharing.

My favorite? #11.........imagine if it was your LAST day.........important or un

Stay strong

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Favorites 1, 2 and 10

Thank you for sharing !!!

Smiles..................

0 Kudos