cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisaml

Coffee tastes weird

has anyone found that their coffee isn't as "satisfying" since quitting? I know they go together like peanut butter and jelly, but I thought I had read that quitting might make "us" more sensitive to caffeine. 

Just wondering if any other coffee-holics are falling out of love with coffee since quitting. 

xox 

34 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Perhaps you need to change it up?  Try a different brand, or get a little grinder and grind your beans fresh for each pot?  If you have always used a medium roast - perhaps try a different variety?  Some days mine tastes better than others...just does.  I am sure I don't use "exactly" the same amount each time, either.........Maybe switch to tea for a bit?

Mine isn't so good this morning.  Funny that you mention this, I was just thinking about starting to grind beans again this morning!

I do know ONE thing - we ain't smoking over it!

🙂

GyorgyiM

No haters! Mine actually taste better.....

Eeeeeek...

????

Smiles

Lisaml

Lol! Good:-) enjoy!!!!! 

Bonnie

Mine tastes better, too

AnnetteMM

I added a little Splenda to mine.  But actually, I do find that there are other things not tasting the same anymore.

missellen

Me too. I made some oatmeal this morning--first time I've had it since I quit and it tasted so funky to me I threw it out!  Does instant oatmeal go bad??  I wouldn't think so! 

0 Kudos
elvan

missellen‌ Yikes, I wouldn't think oatmeal would go bad...now, I am hungry.  I can have oatmeal for dinner, right?

AnnetteMM

I don't think it does go bad.  I hope not!

0 Kudos
shashort

HMMM I think my coffee tasted better too, after I quit.  I am with Nancy I change my coffee from time to time I like to grind my coffee to.  Grinded a cup for this morning and actually tastes yummy.

0 Kudos