cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I was so accepting

Or Delusional

I didn't particularly think of myself as a smoker.

I was reminded once a year, when I'd spend 2 or three hours, use a whole roll of paper towels and 1/2 a bottle of glass cleaner to clean the yellow off all the glass And painted surfaces inside my truck before our annual church camping trip with Brewster the rooster. 

Have you cleaned the stench from inside your car since you quit?

I always smoked with my window down. (was that false thinking?) 

Cut an apple in half after you've cleaned the smelly surfaces as best you can and, slip it under your seat, cut side up.  Gets that lingering smell that fabreze won't. Replace before it gets looking like a shrunken head.

14 Replies
Sandy-9-17-17

That is good to know info......

I am gonna brag here, and just say.....

I'm glad that is one place I disciplined myself from smoking.  If I were on a trip,

I would pull over somewhere and just smoke one and take back off! 

I was just saying to someone the other day, that it takes 50 minutes to get to 

my daughter's house, and there is a gas station mid way, I use to stop and 

have one.  They recently put a nice slab of concrete down where I use to 

stand, and a few picnic tables.  I won't be enjoying those ....... ever! 

Hard to believe now that I couldn't drive 50 minutes straight to my daughter's, 

but now, I do! Smoke Free!  

My truck was the place I smoked the most. Not in the house. I'd go out front. Anyplace at the jobsite until before insulation

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

A few days after I stopped smoking I came home from work and realized how my home had the lingering order of cigarettes.  Any visitor I had (non smokers) said they never smelt cigarettes in my home. That sort of perplexed me. However  I did always have a candle lit and my front storm door  as well as my patio door were kept open whenever I smoked no matter how HOT or FREEZING it was outside! LoL 

So now in stage ONE with withdrawals, I was VERY restless, and had the energy of a jack-rabbit! I thought AH HA! what a great time to DE-NICOTINE-IZE (I just made that up, lol ) the entire house...So I wrote out  post its with a cleaning project on each one. I would pick one each evening after work to keep me preoccupied. I had them all stuck to a huge mirror I have in kitchen as a reminder that I never have ANY reason to get antsy or bored (not that I would ever get bored in my life, too crazy for that! )

Also there  was NO WAY I was going to get into my old routine and plop down on the couch and start Netflix. I knew that would be a trigger for me and I wasn't going to have it !! I knew that  in the near future once I pushed past the intense cravings I would be able to do my Netflix  thingie without concerns of reaching for smoke (guess what? I just reached that point ! Yippeeee)

I felt so accomplished each day knowing I had cleaned something that had the "past" on it  (smoke) and that feeling would encourage me to be excited about the next day and the next day getting it all done in due time...SMOKE SCENT FREE HOME!!!!  I have cleaned things in my home that are not on your usual "to do" list when it comes to house cleaning  and its wonderful ! I have also dis guarded some items that either were a huge reminder, or just a "smoke collector" that was of no use for me in my new state of mind and LIFE ! I also shampooed my truck seats and totally detailed it as well.....

So if you are going through withdrawals, feeling antsy and need something to do while your healing, ....CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN...revamp your home, vehicle, etc....It is a great motivator and mental muscle enhancer to keep you on track.

Okay, I bored ya'll enough....it's only 9:00 am ....I need more COFFEE!!!   Keurig here I come!!!   Bounce, Bounce, Bounce......

Smiles....

anaussiemom

Isn't the Word CLEANING HOUSE a swear word?  Please don't swear.

0 Kudos
Lisaml

Good ideas!!! I was too unproductive and lazy early in my quit. I literally lay on my couch wrapped in a blanket binge watching stuff 

Wish i had a fraction of your energy;-) 

indingrl

WOW you go COFFEE hmmmmm

0 Kudos

I happened to be between construction projects so I went to a friends and play guitar 10 hours a day for my first two weeks.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

What a riot!  How on earth did you get that rooster to hold still?

0 Kudos

He was incubated in my daughters kindergarten class. We had him from when he was a week old. Used to sit on my shoulder and watch TV at night.