cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

I Know This Is Not A News Flash

1. This is the worst part of committing, to myself to stop SMOKING!!  I know we all have urges when we get to a place that sells cigs; To have a fleeting flash to buy a pack.

2. Damn,  having a store so close by me, is killing me to take flight.  
Hubby has keys from the car/ His support, that I have asked for...  I really would like the keys back!  Don't trust myself yet.  kinda isolating. 

3. Running across the  street can't see it happening physically, speaking, because of COPD. 
I do diversions all day long not to think about that store fighting the craves with positives. 
Lord will I, ever stop feeling like a junkie?
  As far as FLIGHT goes?  Being so dern close to me  (store)
. Seeing it out all most all  the windows in our home !!!!!! Gah.!

4.The Addiction and Commitment  seem to mix like oil and water. 

giphyrun.gif
5.  Serious! Exactly how I feel on my epic bike. It works for a lil" while.
Bad ankle so waiting for Trampoline sometime this week....stomp out those crap receptors, I hope.
I feel like my self control is at a low minimum.

6.  Anything easy on the ankles?   To long of a story for the ankle issue.  Not to mention my house is 3 long stairways. We utilize the whole house.  So it gets tough walking up and down to potty, letting furbaby out, and laundry.

What is good, besides the trampoline I've heard.  Any ideas??

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Roller831

Well...I have a stress fracture in my heel right now so my movement is limited.  I am able to exercise from a sitting down position so I am doing lots of shoulder and arm exercises.  I can do leg exercises as long as they are from sitting so I tend to use a resistance band.

Try to remember how much this sucks and all of the fighting you are doing.  Remember it well.  Remember ALL of the details.  Fight through this.  One second at a time.  

Then....don't ever forget how hard it was to quit so you NEVER have to do it again.  I think that is the single thing that has kept me from smoking again.  I don't ever want to go through Day 1 ever again.  Or Hell Week.  Or anything that was as hard as quitting.

Do whatever it takes to get you through it.  The only way out is through.  You've got this.

GyorgyiM

IF YOU HAVE TO....

STOP looking out your windows, whatever it takes to DISTRACT yourself FOR THE TIME BEING. Cover your windows, rearrange your furniture if you must....You CAN find a solution. Right now you are just biding time for the  "craving" receptors to your nicotine addition to recover to a normal capacity.  You know that it takes a little time and then your temptation level will decrease tremendously. Put a blindfold on and play "Pin the tail on the Donkey" with your entire house and try to see if you can make it from one room to the next without ending up in the ER. OH WAIT! that might not be such a good idea...

There are NO RULES right now except to NOT SMOKE, so EAT or binge watch a tv show, read a book all day, take a walk and talk to yourself.....(not kidding)....I have LOTS of ideas, LoL

YOU CAN DO THIS......WE CAN DO THIS, EH?

Smiles..

anaussiemom

EH?   Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Would love to find something for my legs to do besides the bands  I have them.  I don't like tedium, much.  I like speed or having my legs move, endurance wise.  I guess I need to grow some patience..I'm 57.   Hm.

0 Kudos
Sootie

HMMMMMM-----well----I used to run but I also started to experience problems with my ankles and so now I walk. I have never heard a trampoline is good for ankles.......

Walking however, is great. It is a low stress activity on the joints (well---more so than running-----not quite as good as swimming!) and I love walking.......it's ADDICTIVE!

anaussiemom

NO! dont say that.!!  I heard it was much better on knees and joints.   If I could I would do laps in a pool at the Y.  Can't breath for that right now.  Did check with the Y on  water excising class or groups for older folks though.  They said Not at this time 😕   Walking is great can't yet.  I'm working on it  though. on the epic machine. for about 3 sec.  I'm able to do bit longer every day.  Oh Sootie this trampo" comes with a bar to hold for stability.  So having the bar Im hoping it will be easy on the ankles, and I can flex my feet like im suppose to for PT.  I dunno we will see I guess.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I am a walkaholic, lol

anaussiemom

That's great!!

0 Kudos

Aussie-Here's something for you..... I'll soon be 64 and your are 57....so get online and look up osteo exercises. Look up toning, stretching and strengthening....I did this 4x per week in my senior community all fall and winter. I've always exercised despite chronic pain road that started at 20. I restored my balance,strengthening all my muscles,increased my flexiblity,toned and firmed and increased my endurance.The exercises are easy with minimual equipment needed.

Exercise really does help with the nico fits that come and go....... Well, it does for me...........I felt a difference in my air capicity the 1st. week of the Quit. Hugs, Prairie 35DOF