cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisaml

Saturday thoughts

What we tend to focus on is what we tend to create. 

If we dwell on the negatives, the people who disappoint us, the hurts and frustrations, we create feelings of despair. We feel trapped in darkness. like in a dark hole that we can not seem to climb out of.

We all have been hurt. We all have been disappointed and we have disappointed others, or ourselves. It's what we choose to do with these experiences that determines our outcomes. Do we allow negative experiences to wash us away? To beat us down? Or do we allow them to add another layer of armour to ourselves. Another layer of strength- to use ourselves, or pass on to others. 

Even negative experiences can make us stronger, and help us grow. It's just a matter of looking for the lesson. 

Use your embattled self to create GOOD in this world. Take the lessons you've learned from being hurt and allow them to strengthen you. Maybe to empower someone else when they feel vulnerable. 

Its easy to feel pity for ones self. We hurt, we feel sad, that life is somehow "unfair" or that our lives are somehow lacking. 

But what we tend to focus on is what we tend to create. 

So take whatever you're feeling today, and go create something awesome today!!!!! 

Xoxox 

18 Replies

Very nice message Lisa!

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

YES!  

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

And, perhaps, in your sorrow, you can reach out to another who is sorrowful, and help them struggle through with you.

Nancy

Giulia

Yup!

0 Kudos
Lisaml

Right? I mean nothing new, nothing earth shattering here. Just realizing how much "stewing" creates a spiral of blah..... so not necessary.     

0 Kudos
Giulia

"When you change the way you look at things, the thing you look at change.

IMG_3953S.jpg

0 Kudos
Sootie

By keeping the negative out of my thoughts......

I POSTED A PICTURE!!

See below. Thanks for the inspiration Lisa and you to G!!!!!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Yay! 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Very eloquent blog.  Thank you for delivering a powerful message in a few words.  Love it. 

0 Kudos