cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Janetsimpson

60 Days and Having a Craving - WHAT!!!

Hi All,

Well I posted my story a couple of days ago and was feeling so strong and when I reread the post I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM HAVING "STINKIN THINKIN" TODAY!  

I know I will not take that first puff, but why am I even thinking about it after 60 days of smoke free bliss!

I will fight through just wanted to see if there were was any advise out there?

Thanks!

Janet

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Glad you'll be doing fine! I know that this happened to me and most others would say the same thing. I always called them "phantom craves" because they send the same message to the brain to smoke, but they no longer hold the power they once had. Still, it's a very good idea to stay wary as you continue your journey to freedom.

Also, I'd look up blogs about no man's land. They're all over this site and you can find some really helpful information there. It'll help you to understand that though it's a pain to get these craves long after we begin to feel comfortable with our quits, that you're not alone, and that being wary is the best thing you can do right now.

CONGRATULATIONS on 60 days!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck 

YoungAtHeart

Perfectly normal.  Get out the tools you found useful early in your quit.  You will need them for a bit longer!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...

I know this is tough - but it will end just as soon as it began.

Have faith - you are almost THERE!

Nancy

elvan

Sneaky little addiction...pokes its head out and dances around when we least expect it.  Great job of putting its head back where it belongs!

Ellen

0 Kudos

I can tell you that that will come up again.  normally it's triggered by something.  could be something as subtle as a change in the season or an upcoming anniversary/birthday/annual celebration.  Or it could be simply that you are writing and speaking about smoking.  Just keep yourself busy, learn a new craft, a new hobby, plan out your garden, distract, distract, distract

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

I'm at day 74 and craving a lot today, for no apparent reason. It's a weird thing. Do the reading suggested above; it'll help.

0 Kudos
Janetsimpson

Thanks Everyone - heading over to No Man's Land for a read and https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/crazymama_Lori-blog?sr=search&searchId=b4ecfa16-6e28-48da-8...‌ I think you nailed it- going to the cottage this wekend is messin' with my head! But I will not let it mess with my QUIT!!

it's those little somethin'-somethin's that you've got to be on the look for.  When they pop up, there's usually a reason for it, but you've identified it and moved on.  Excellent !!!!

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

From "nowisthetimetoquit.com"......................Worth a try if  you feel like your going "nuts"!!

A Natural Healer - making a change with doTERRA : Quit Smoking with doTERRA Essential Oils #quitsmokingtips

0 Kudos
desiree465

I get powerful cravings like that from time to time. I do what everyone else is recommending, reading and staying vigilant about my quit.