cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

asimeonov

smoking cessation programs

Hello, 

My employer recently imposed a smoking cessation program at work where they charge smokers a $20 fee per paycheck (I know, pretty damn ridiculous if you ask me). Anyway, to avoid this fee, you have to take a smoking cessation program and show a certificate of completion. I have no intention of quitting smoking, and what I do at home outside of work is nobody's business, so to subject me to a fee for doing this is preposterous. Their rationale is that smokers have higher insurance costs, which is a bull argument because so do very obese people and they dont have any extra insurance charges; but I digress. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here is from Chicago and knows of any local programs that I may look into. It doesn't matter if they are free or if they have a charge. I literally just want to sign up, get a certificate for completing the program so I can submit it to work. I dont plan on going to any of their meetings because I dont want to quit smoking at this time. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
65 Replies
anaussiemom

Oh My. 

27337207_1659382770793846_7050107778784027991_n.jpg

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

I think perhaps you are confusing this site with "Reddit"....eh?

asimeonov

nope, i was looking up local cessation programs and one of the sources mentioned this website. I thought it might be like a step by step online program so I joined. trying to delete my account at this time 

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

No worries....

AnnetteMM

Are you seriously asking us to assist you in fraud?

asimeonov

its not fraud. all my work requires me is to complete a course, i dont have to quit smoking. they just want to see proof that i attended a course to quit smoking. considering i don't plan on quitting, i dont see the point in attending a quit program. i work 2 jobs and go to school, i don't have time to listen to someone tell me that smoking is bad for me several times a week for 8 weeks 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

asimeonov‌ I'm curious

asimeonov wrote:

considering i don't plan on quitting

I'm curious what your motivation is to keep smoking.  What's in it for you to keep smoking? What does it do for you? How does it improve your life? I'm fascinated and open to whatever response you'll provide.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
asimeonov

i just enjoy it. its not about improving my life. I like doing it. I look forward to waking up in the morning, making a cup of coffee and having a few cigarettes. why would I stop doing something that I enjoy doing? 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

asimeonov wrote:

i just enjoy it. its not about improving my life. I like doing it. I look forward to waking up in the morning, making a cup of coffee and having a few cigarettes. why would I stop doing something that I enjoy doing? 

Thanks for responding. It's hard for me to comprehend. I was hoping I could gain some more understanding from your perspective. Is it really enjoyment or is the nicotine and its chemical components tricking you into thinking it is enjoyment?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team