cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

apryl

New at this

I am a stay at home mother..who has two small children. My husband is constatnly on me to quit smoking. But he doesnt understand how hard it is. He is one of those people who can smoke one and not smoke another for a long time. Everytime he gripes at me it makes me angry and want to smoke!! I successfully quit through both my pregancies but now, Im not carrying a baby, its just me and its harder to quit knowing its just me im hurting! i am hoping that this site will help me quit because i really want to, but still want to smoke!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
lynette-vogel

Apryl
My name is Lynette and I need to quit smoking as well, I hate it so bad it is worthless, why is it so evil huh?
I am not quite ready yet it takes so much will power I work an at home job and a outside job so wow I am wore.
I have been smoking since i was 14 and it is so hard we quit for about a month and a half awhile ago but we started back up I could have kicked my butt. I do know I can do it again though if I did it then.
Ready set go huh? I need to set a date . have you?
0 Kudos
lynette-vogel

Fallon,
I agree I have noticed that when I go outside for anything duh I pick up a smoke we have to just focus on walking outside and not grabbing one. Wow it is so hard huh? I like your idea of going outside to get away but I also thought instead of going outside where i want to smoke(we only smoke outside, not sure about you) go downstairs or something. But again you have to change your life. I thought about copying someone who dont smoke literally all day. Or something let me know how it goes. Do you have a quit day?
0 Kudos
apryl

i have not set a day yet i have been in the trying to quit mode for a few weeks...i just cant seem to go by the store and not stop and get another pack.......I'm hoping in the next few weeks i ccan try to slow down and change a few habits....good luck to u with it also
0 Kudos
apryl

Thank u i completly agree with u and that is what i keep telling him. i have to do it when I am ready! i know he hates and the more he nags I just want to smoke...lol....so thanks for the words...im hoping to stop soon
0 Kudos
lynette-vogel

Holy cow girl i am right where you are at. Why does it have to be so hard huh?
I just want to scream.I hate it I hate it! How long have you been wanting to quit?
Or been on become an ex?
0 Kudos
jennifer15

Trust me as a mother of three, no day seems to be the right day to quit smoking. I am on day 4 now and I just had to decide last week that when that pack was gone that was it-no more. My husband quit about 4 months ago and has be encouraging me to also. Well finally I did, and hope I stay quit this time. Apryl, it will be ok to quit on any day. Trust me any day is a good day to quit. I am using nicorette-cinnamon surge gum to help and boy does it help. I find myself still grapping for my smokes to head out the door because I would not smoke in my home. It is hard to relearn so much in life when you have been doing so many things with a cigarette while doing it or before or after. I finally relized they were controlling my life and now it seems quiting is controlling my life too. See it is 4:13 am right now and I cannot sleep because I was tossing and turning from the feeling of needing to smoke. I got up to type on here and have a piece of the gum and it is really helping me with the cravings, and the cinnamon tastes good too. I hope to switch to big red when the time is right. Just do it girl, you can get a handle on it I know it. I can testify to that! How long have you been a smoker? I had been a smoker for 15 years, so if I can do it so can you. We just need to believe in ourselves and know because we are moms we can be around much longer for our kids and their kids too!
0 Kudos