cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jkjunell1783

one step at a time

I haven't set a quit day, but I'm trying to make up my mind on what to use to help with the cravings.  Does anyone know if inhalers, nose spray or meds is covered by insurance?  What about cinnamon toothpicks do they really work?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
anaussiemom

Usually patches are.   That is all I know. 

Many Blessings on your Journey

Kim

0 Kudos
jkjunell1783

Thanks

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/how-to-quit-smoking.php#thl and get started.  Review the videos on NRT's and medication.  Also follow the steps on tracking and learning what your triggers are.  You will be better able to make a decision that better suits you. 

You can do this.   You have come to the right place for a new day and a new beginning.. This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be smoke free. Quitting smoking requires hard work.  It can be challenging at times but you will learn that it is doable if you adhere to NOPE not one puff ever no matter what. 

Start first, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction.  

Education is the key to a successful quit.

Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.       

elvan

I think patches are covered by insurance as well as the antidepressant, Wellbutrin, or the medication Chantix but it depends upon your insurance.  Some states have programs to help people quit smoking and they will actually provide a supply of free patches.  The best thing you can do is what JACKIE1-25-15‌ suggests...get all of the education you can about nicotine addiction, that will be your best friend.  I also suggest developing a quit plan with a quit kit...everything you need to do that is on the first page when you sign in.  You can do this, it is good to plan. Nothing is going to take away all of the craves but no crave ever killed anyone, no one can say that about smoking.  If you are committed to quitting, you have come to the right place.  There are many people here who will support you every step of the way and believe me, all of us have been where you are, we all had to start at day one...which can be turned into a day WON. 

Welcome to EX, I hope that you decide to stick around.  Read blogs, see what is working for others, quitting is a journey, it is not an event, it is one day at a time, one experience at a time. We all want to help in any way that we can.

Ellen

GyorgyiM

Jackie1-25-15 is absolutely on TARGET !

Do NOT over process. Educate yourself a little first.....understanding is the key, so that you can decide for yourself what may or may not work best for YOU! Focus on the "end" results, and listen to your inner voice regarding what your personality requires to stay committed....

You are not alone...YOU GOT THIS!

Miles of Smiles...

G.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Welcome!  Stick around, you'll be glad you did. 

Ways-to-Protect-Your-Heart-When-You-Have-Psoriasis-1440x810.jpg

minihorses

Just wondering why people keep saying that they need a prescription for NRT patches? Is it policy for certain states only?  I can walk into any wal-mart, drug store, target, etc. and grab them off the shelf.  Gum and lozenges as well.  I used Chantix and the health insurance we have paid for that completely.  They knew that providing the cost of Chantix was MUCH cheaper than paying for medical care for smoking related illnesses.  I would love to know what the deal is with needing a prescription for over the counter NRT items though.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Expense for me.   It costs if I buy over the counter.  My insurance encourages quitting thank goodness.   Have A question off topic.  The losenges" do they taste yuk!! ??

0 Kudos