cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Any Gardeners out there?

Unknown-1.jpegSpring arrives in 19 days!!!!!!!

This is a nice group I would like to see take off. Its a magical thing to dig in the dirt and watch seeds develop into a thing of beauty. Just trying to stir some interest for this group. 

I am starting / rooting things inside now. A tad early yes, but some of the things I root stay inside to cut from for recipes.

Gardening is fun .....vegetables, flowers, trees...etc.... also a good 'finger busy' activity when your quitting smoking.

If your new at it start with rooting, so easy and fun for kids/grandkids to watch. If you go to the group called GARDENING LOVERS, you can see my last post /blog with some things I started 4 days ago and then a pic of them today!  Happy Almost Spring Everyone!

Missy

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
84 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I gardened on a small scale when I lived in a smaller town.  Had to move to the city for work so my gardening is limited to my patio and houseplants.  

My boss has a new greenhouse that he has set up here at the office.  He was on vacation for about 2-1/2 weeks and I was put in charge of taking care of it - I was stressed to the max - scared that I would kill the plants - but they thrived!  He travels a lot so I am sure that I will get to care for the plants while he is gone.  

He is growing lettuce, tomatoes, snow peas, peppers, and cantaloupe so far.  He is still learning as this is the first time he has grown produce in a green house. 

I will see if I can find your post in "Gardening Lovers"! 

Mandolinrain

This awesome Jennifer. We have some friends that live where their yard is just not large enough to have a garden so they have everything in pots on the patio and they do great. I may need to reset to that

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I have gardened for a very long time.  It is a joy for me.  I am also very anxious for the weather to break.  I have already purchased my seeds.  Bok Choy, Green Peppers, Cucumbers,, Beets, Green Beans, Tomatoes.  I am going to try and keep it small this year.  I tend a fall garden also..  Picked my last collards last week.   Instead of working the garden lately the garden works me but I still love it. The animals just love it. 

Mandolinrain

I can't wait to start the garden this year at the new house. SOOOO excited. I have been doing it for the past 30 years and my garden is also going to downsize. I do like to do canning, so I will have strawberry patch, different variety of peppers, onions, potatoes , tomatoes, garlic, zucchini, Kale, lettuce and spinach ,cucumber and I may try beets...Am trying the Bok Choy first time this year. Acorn squash and a variety of herbs. Sounds like a lot but I think I may do a pallet garden. Undecided yet due to the light available. May need to resort to all its this year anyway until we know what to do here with the yard. Are beets hard to grow?

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Jackie, your garden sounds delicious.

MichelleDiane

Missy,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE spring/summer.  I saw the crocuses today on my walk and I was flying high.  I also got my soil and planted my veggie seeds and flower seeds (not outside yet, but will transfer to ground after the first frost).  I would love to see what other peeps are up to and will share some photos from my garden.

-Michelle

Mandolinrain

This will be a fun spring ladies! Looking forward to pics and tips

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Have a long way to go in the garden, but here are some of my veggies and flowers.IMG_2729.jpg

Mandolinrain

They look amazing! It was 59 here today and of course, tomorrow is first day of spring and winter is going to return. oh well. I am enjoying my indoor starts:)

Also, if I am not online much,I am traveling every weekday an hour away to babysit grandkids due to my daughter in laws mom ( who lives with them) is recovering from surgery and can't do any lifting. So I leave at 6am and don't get home till 6pm or so.

I should be on site more in a few weeks. Happy gardening

xoxoMissy