cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

AnnetteMM

BIG Changes

I sleep a lot.  I mean, I've always adored sleeping in late, but now that I've quit smoking I sleep a LOT. I can easily sleep 10 hours a night, and then take an afternoon nap besides. I never used to nap, ever.  But without nicotine, a stimulant, in my system, I get sleepier than before. It'll probably level off eventually.

I crave sugar. This is not good for anyone, but I'm also borderline diabetic so it could be problematic.  Again, this is something new for me. I was always more of a bread and butter person than a dessert eater.  Anyway, I keep Twizzlers on hand. The length of them and their chewiness seems to satisfy the beast and usually just one is enough.  Craving sugar is normal after being addicted to heroin and cocaine, so I assume that applies here, too.  Tell me if I'm wrong.

I think it's a good idea to pay attention to what's changing during this process.  What changes have YOU noticed?

Tags (3)
14 Replies
anaussiemom

Sleepy was probably my biggest change, with my longest quit.  Food seemed so yummy as well.

AnnetteMM

Everything tastes weird to me right now.

0 Kudos
indingrl

Suggested  EXPERT ADVICE a blog by dr on behavioral substitutes blog... just sharing what was suggested to ME in early recovery and CONGRATS Annette on STAYING QUIT NO MATTER WHAT keep on keeping on great job

0 Kudos

Welco tome Annette.   I find Igo to bed earlier than in my whole life.   Some nights the sleep is solid and others awake every couple!e hrs.  Sugar oh yes!!!!!!   Eating more a !ittle on some days ......Now depression has set in behind anger.    Alot of stuff coming out that is overwhelming  after being emotional stuffer for   whole life.  Hang in there that is what I am doing.     Hugs prairie 

0 Kudos

being super tired, sugar, mouth sores, sensitivity of inside of mouth and tongue, weird stuff with my teeth.  I had really bad restless leg in the beginning, but taking extra magnesium solved that along with helping with sleeping at night as time moved on.  I did increase my omega 3's for mood stability along with B12.

AnnetteMM

Ooh, mouth sores! I hadn't associated that with quitting, but I've gotten a cold sore that just won't go away entirely.

0 Kudos
elvan

I have issues with cold sores at times and I can usually trace them back to an increased sugar intake.  I am not a diabetic or a borderline diabetic but I think the extra sugar has a negative effect on my immune system.  Might be the same thing with you...I take the same vitamin supplements as crazymama_Lori‌.  I have taken them for some time.

Ellen

After all the stress with laptop issues and servicing............Hope it is going to run o.k. now...........Time will tell... It was a nightmare until the very last Dell Tech and that was remote...When the supervisor knew how to disengage the airplane mode... Yippy! They did install stuff the service place in Houston didn't do... It will be a long time before I have everything back in here!!!!!! At least for now this is off my back!

WANTED TO SAY WITH ALL THE STRESS OF THE QUIT,PACKING TO GO NORTH AND THE PC ...YEP! COLD SORES STARTED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADE IT THROUGH 5 HOPELESS PC PERSONS TODAY.......Hope everyone is oing well............Prairie 21 dof

Thought I'd lose my mind today and CRACK! I didn't! Still on the Freedom Road!!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Hang tough.