cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lisama

day 4 of champix

On day 4 of champix and i feel like Ive quit already even though I'm still smoking! Is this normal? I feel a bit lost and not sure what to do with myself ...a bit like when I have tried to quit cold turkey and I'm not sure what to do with myself!

6 Replies
anaussiemom

New hobbies, exercise, walking, deep breathig, crocheting,  painting by number. ...

101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke

Blog Post created by Youngatheart.7.4.12 on Feb 25, 2013
0 Kudos
Lisaml

Hi, Lisa, 

im not sure what you mean by you feel like you've already quit. 

Chantix makes it so we get no binding to nicotine receptors- so you get no satisfaction from smoking. That's the MO of the drug. If you get no satisfaction, urge decreases, and we quit (YAY!!)

so if you feel that you are "missing out" and getting no benefit from smoking? Can you clarify what you mean 😉 I'm glad you're here!!!! 

0 Kudos
lisama

Hi Lisa 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes I guess it's just the champix working and the nicotine giving me no pleasure, which is why I feel like I have stopped even though I haven't yet!  

I'd say my consumption is down and I plan to quit completely when I'm on the full dose this Friday. Just not sure I can handle the side effects of this drug and wish I could  just manage 3 days cold turkey. I've tried everything in the past and the cold turkey quit lasted the longest but was probably the toughest. 

Anyway at least I'm in the frame of mind to give it a go and I'm determined to get of the cigs for good somehow!

Just found this site last night when I was immersing myself in quit websites and the brilliant advice of Joes Spitzer , though he doesn't advocate Champix...

Thanks for the welcome ! Hope your quit is going well.

Lisaml

I took the chantix at full prescription strength about 2 weeks only. It gave me such vivid nightmares that I had to stop taking it. I was exhausted!! 

I wish you all the best! This website has been a godsend during this quit;-) Lovely people!!! 

0 Kudos
Roller831

I took Chantix for only 3 weeks because I couldn't stand the side effects.  It does help take the cravings away so it is not unusual that you feel you have quit already!  There is a great blog with MANY links to other blogs to help you in your quit journey.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/109313-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-t...‌.  Read read read....

You will find much support in this community if you want it.