cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cyberjam8690

Sickness while in the middle of smoking quitting

I've been smoking for 16 years and decided to quit. One day when family outing trip went over, on the way home i got sick due to intense cold weather on the beach. It's fever, cough and cold with body pain, i assumed it's flu. I tried smoking but it tasted so bad and made my breathing heavy due to cough so I took advantage of that to start quitting. After arriving home, i got through the flu in 2 to 3 days, but as soon as the cough subsides, sinusitis came up. I've been sick with this for a week. 

I searched around the net for natural treatment and home remedies i hope this could help. What Im doing now is steaming salt and sniffing the steam for like 30 minutes in the morning and the afternoon, preferably before bed time. The hot steam acts like a warm compress and the salt diaolved in it is a natural antibiotic. Its good for your face too. Our family friend says that this kind of treatment is effective coz she experienced it but it takes a lot of time to heal so you must do this everyday.

I cheated on quitting tho, I smoked 1 stick per day after the first day of sinus. But still, i believe the smoking habit is really improving for me. Imagine 1-3 packs  day turned to 1 stick a day. Im looking forward to completely quit smoking though. 

If you have anymore ideas on natural cures and home remedies for sinuses, please let me know. Going hospitalized or even checked up by doctors in our country is really hard to afford and my last resort.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
anaussiemom

Your doing soooooooooo good reward yourself with a good healthy reward.. instead of  a sick stick. 

You can keep going strong without smoking it will do nothing for you.

I have faith

many blessing Kim

cyberjam8690

Thank you, this is very encouraging. My dad always says to me that in addiction, nobody can help you but your self, you are fighting with your inner self to gain control. 

0 Kudos
cyberjam8690

Since my last post, i think im recovering from sinusitis. My face and heads doesnt hurt very often anymore but still has this bad smell and bitter taste when sniffing. 

Im still doing the steam salt sniff method and i think its doing good for me. Though, for the bad taste and smell, i just keep my mouth busy with candies and its somehow effective. i got an advice from my friend too that i should take calamansi natural juice for vitamin C. 5 pcs of calamansi squeezed in a half glass of water and put some ice in it to make water full. I drink one glass every day since. And advice from him that i should eat at least 1 or 2 oranges a day for vitamin C as well. 

I just noticed and had a thought that smoking made me immune to allergies and other stuffs, so when i tried to quit, withdrawal syndrome and the wearing off of that immunity made me sick as my body adjusts to be healthy again. If my guess is true, yeah it makes you immune, but smoking still does some permanent damages the lungs. I wanted to go boxing training for a hobby so i have to at least somehow recover my stamina and lungs. I really have to quit smoking. 

if ever i recovered well and completely got out of smoking, i will try hard not to go back coz its really hell. I hope this post can help others with same situation as me as well. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I don't have any remedies for sinus issues but I do have some remedies to help you quit smoking. 

Start first, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction.  

Education is the key to a successful quit.

Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.       

Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/how-to-quit-smoking.php#thl and get started. Read this will you are convalescencing