cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BTP

Cravings 2weeks

I'm 11 days into my quit and the craving never goes away. people say "oh i get like 4 cravings a day that last 1-5m"

it feels more like 1 big craving that lasts 24h to me. does this actually ever stop? possibly losing my mind.

4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are some responses other people received. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbara145

We are all different.  Are you taking deep breaths?  They are very helpful for craving sensations.  Drinking lots of water also helps.  Make sure you are taking really good care of yourself.  All of what you are experiencing will pass.  Give it time.  It takes time. Congratulations on quitting smoking. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Big congrats on 11 days smoke free.  Ride it out to the other side.  It's so worth it. We have things in common when we quit, but everyone is different. Often it's said that nicotine is out of your system in three days. That's just part of the story, so don't give up.
 Withdrawal symptoms usually peak after 1–3 days and then decrease over a period of 3–4 weeks. After this time,
the body has expelled most of the nicotine, and the withdrawal effects are mainly psychological.

Continue to reach out for support.  You'll make it.

Barb

0 Kudos
constanceclum

I had what felt like constant cravings the 1st 2 weeks as well. But I did notice that the intesity of the cravings eased up, and, as long as I kept busy, I was able to ignore them. Remain committed and it will get easier.

Connie

0 Kudos