cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennifer-Quit

Traditions

Part of the beauty of this site and the people here, is that at times, it can almost be fun!   Quitting is one the hardest things that I have ever done but on the other hand, it is one of the most rewarding thing that I have ever done.  

Whatever method you choose, cold turkey, nicotine replacement therapy, or prescription meds such as Chantix or Wellbutrin, honor your decision to quit and be willing to go through some tough times in order to get to a much better place.  

Part of the fun comes with participating in some EX traditions such as "The Daily Pledge" and riding "The Freedom Train".  These can be found by clicking on "Celebrations & Events" in the black bar at the top of each page.

Capture.PNG

There you will find the links to each of these events.  This is a fun way to participate and strengthen your commitment to quit.

Capture2.PNG

And lastly, if you find yourself struggling with keeping your quit, write a blog and title it "HELP".  Let us know what is going on and someone will come along to give you some really good advise.  For me, it just helped by writing it out.  

Best wishes to everyone just starting your journey to freedom!

3 Replies
anaussiemom

Thank you.

MarilynH

Thank you Jennifer this is another post that I wish had a helpful button because I'd be tapping on it right now.

0 Kudos
elvan

I agree with MarilynH‌  I did not always ride the train or take the pledge, I am not sure exactly when I started but I do find that it is an empowering thing to celebrate the milestones of our fellow journeyers AND to hold out a hand to the person before us and the person after us in the Daily Pledge.