cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

A Better Quality Of Life

That's what this is about

Yes, you could get hit by a bus but that's playing the odds against your health if that's your excuse for smoking.

Yes, we all gotta die sometime but why not halt the damage and live in the least misery possible.

One thing quitting smoking will give you

Self Respect

5 Replies
elvan

SO true, it will raise your self esteem and let you get to know the person you were always meant to be.  It is surprisingly rewarding...in many, many ways.

anaussiemom

Hope so!

As I wander through many different things on this Road of Freedom....

I've already discovered, I don't myself,totally and completely. I guess, I built that

Shell of protection around me pretty tight. In the beginning it was placed there

so other people couldn't hurt me. If they didn't know my weaknesses,

they could get to me. Now the Fight to be free of my Addiction is making those walls crumble.

Not sure what I will find under all that rubble.  It is a lifetime of emotional stuffing.

Sootie

I so agree with this and hope all newbies will read!

Yes---we all die. But the point is you want to live as well as you can until you die.

And you want to live free from an addiction which slowly makes every day revolve around your next smoke.

Bonnie

You're so right, Dale, I feel a lot better about myself now that I'm not sneaking around smoking and spending $ I don't have on "organic" cigarettes, and wondering if I stink, etc.  I feel kinda "pure" in a way, LOL!!!!  And it feels just fine ..