cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rbrown53

Sore throat and kinda feel icky

Hello:

It has been 26 hours with no cigarettes, my throat feels swollen and sore is this normal this close to after quitting? 

9 Replies
Mona15

Congratulations on going more than a day without smoking!

JACKIE1-25-15

Hot lemon tea with honey may help. Different experiences for different people.  Have heard of scratchy throat etc.  Sounds like a minor adjustment that should work itself out if you do not smoke.  Congrats on 25 hrs.  Drink plenty of water also.  Stay close. 

indingrl

CONGRATS rbrown53 on 26 HOURS NICOTINE FREE!!! Good job and a fresh lemon cut in slices and sucking on will help with sore throat or put in water and keep on keeping on

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

It is winter and lots of bad things going around - it might not be quit related at all.  I am a believer in extra vitamin C!

elvan

Congratulations on your quit, I have to agree with Jennifer-Quit‌ that it may not be related at all but if it is, it is a small price to pay for freedom.  I was very ill when I quit so I have no idea what was related to quitting and what was related to being ill.  I DO know that I am seriously happier as an EX smoker than I ever was as a smoker.  You are doing this and it is possible that your addiction is going to pull out some strange tricks to get you back.  Go for some vitamin C and some cough drops to soothe your throat.  You might also get some over the counter flu medicine and try to get a good night's sleep.

You are doing great.

Ellen

rbrown53

Thank you all...

0 Kudos
indingrl

Your most welcome hope you feel better soon in MY Lord Jesus name amen please take what helps and let go of the rest

c2q

Dry mouth, sore throat and coughing are normal, short-lived side effects. As your body adjusts to being nicotine-free, these symptoms will go away. Hang in there! It get's better and better!

Learn more here: common symptoms of smoking withdrawal

green1611

Congrats...

It could be sudden surprise to body... no nicotine, no dangerous chemicals coming in.... just take it as that way

You will feel better ... as days goes on. 

All the best

0 Kudos