cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

Hike to Machu Picchu

I’m buying a pack of Marlboro Reds on the street. I pay my $6 and the guy gives me a different pack. It too has a red design on it, but it’s not the same logo. I’m also wondering why I got the small pack when I used to smoke the 120s. I tell the guy I want my money back. He says that’s all the cigarettes he has, no Marlboros, and he won’t give me my money back. I think it’s inferior brand and am not happy.

Suddenly I’m not on the street any more but at a counter in a grocery-store type of setting. And who’s standing right next to me up at the register but Shawn. ShawnP  She’s looking at me with disgust for having bought that pack of cigarettes. I think “Just my luck to have someone from EX right there as I’m buying cigarettes!” And I’m thinking how can I possible get out of this???? I can’t exactly pretend I didn’t buy them because they’re right there in my purse plain as day. I try to come up with some plausible explanation, and all I can think of it that I just wanted to try ONE. But I know she won’t believe that because I’m not that stupid. (Actually I think I was probably smoking for a while before I bought that pack.) Eventually I just say “I haven’t SMOKED ANY!” And then I blew my breath in her face to prove it.

She could barely look me in the eye so disgusted she was. She said, “You know you really shouldn’t be seeing (hanging out with)  those guys in the office. It’s not appropriate.”

Cut to—

I’m in a hall with many white doors in a row.  I hope I’m opening my own door to my own room with my key in this boarding house, or whatever it was. It’s just about big enough for a bed. I’m getting ready to go out with all my fellow EXers. We’re going to hike up to Machu Picchu. I’m not quite sure what to wear, though, as the temperature might be different up there. First I put on a long sleeved blouse, then change my mind and put on a short sleeved blouse with a pocket over the left breast and have on very tight jeans.

Cut to –

I’ve walked into an eatery, small NY deli type. The guy offers me a meat sandwich, it’s like the last one he has left- Falafel, maybe? I thought he was going to give it to me for free but then says it’s $6. Since I spent that on the cigarettes I couldn’t afford to buy the sandwich, which I wasn’t that keen on anyway.

Cut to -

I’m in a large building, sort of like Madison Square Garden. There are two guys who are about to hit on me. Large amount of people around. I think I’ll probably be able to hide myself in the crowd. A fight breaks out somewhere off to my right. I manage to exit the building on the left side and am on the street but don’t know WHERE, on what street. And I can’t find my EXers. Suddenly the cell phone in my rear right pant’s pocket rings. I had forgotten that I had brought it. The pants are very tight. I finally manage to extricate it and there’s Rick’s Rick_M   face on the screen taking up the whole screen. I say “Hello?” But he can’t hear me. He says “Press 9,” and I’m trying to figure out how to get the numbers on the screen so I can press 9. Someone else’s face appears full on the screen. I’m desperately trying to get them to hear me. Then I see a picture of an open car door with two people in the back seat (fellow EXers) and it’s obvious that they’re all waiting for me.

And suddenly it all makes sense. We’re going to DRIVE to Machu Picchu, of course, because the sun was going to be down in a short period of time and we’d never be able to hike up there before dark. But they can’t hear me. And I’ve got this pack of cigarettes in my other hand and where will I be able to hide them, since I didn’t bring a purse? I figure I’ll just have to put them in my breast pocket.

I know they’re not going to keep waiting much longer for me to show up and I don’t remember where we said we’d meet. And I don’t know what street I’m on to tell them where I am because I can't read the street sign.

And that’s when ..... I woke up.

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Well I certainly know that I would not want ShawnP‌ to catch me buying a pack of smokes - or you Giulia - lol.  That is why I am so thankful for this group.  I really need someone to be accountable to.  

I interpret dreams - the hidden meaning in that dream is that you need to attend EX6!

JACKIE1-25-15

Sounds about right to me.  I could not figure it out.  I was wondering how she could remember so much of the dream.  WOW. EX6 Machu Picchu. Guess I have to Google it.   lmho

Giulia

If you write them down the minute you get up and stay fuzzy brained until you do, you can recall a LOT of specifics in dreams.

ShawnP

I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE...HEHEHE

I think since I quit, I might have had 3 smoke mares. It's a good feeling to wake up and realize that you ate still smoke free. You need to go back to bed, I want to know more about that hike. The views from the top are amazing.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Lisaml

It is a wonderful hike! It's quite extraordinary thing to be above the clouds!  I imagine it would be a rather difficult drive though! Lol. 

Thanks for the great story !!

indingrl

SMOKEMARES warning flag! That is what was told to ME back in the day too! So cool I am NOT alone and so gratiful when I woke up too! You did good at blogging BEFORE not one puff over you and excellent job telling it!!! Thank you very much Lady G! Keep on keeping on

0 Kudos
freeneasy

He's trying to figure out what a Madison Square Garden is...

YoungAtHeart

I'm still stuck on the Marlboro "Reds."  You KNOW you have smoked too long when they discontinue your brand of choice (Kent).  I switched over to Marlboros (in a box) - and then they discovered that "light" , "low tar and nicotine" was BS and they had to switch over to the color of the package to identify them.  I smoked the regular size - don;t even remember whether they still sold the "longs."

It was kinda' like the Starbucks of its day, "I'll take a pack of Marlboro golds.....in the silver box."  You had to know the lingo to be "cool."

What a load of sh*t they sold us addicts.

0 Kudos

I'd hide 'em in my hair, if I had any.  🙂

How long was your hair in the dream?

0 Kudos