cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisaml

I don't smoke...

But if I did, I would smoke an entire PACK today!!

good grief, talk about a roller coaster. 

Day 33-34 and I Have been freaking out. 

Today hasn't been a bad day, hasn't been a particularly good day, just kinda "average". 

And I will be damned if I didn't roll out of bed this morning in a rage and want a smoke with my coffee.

sigh. 

I guess I sound like an addict, eh? 

Yep. That's the reality of it, and smoking has been on my mind ALL DAY. I've drank so much water, eaten a whole thing of tic-tacs, a pint of ice cream, 2 peanut butter and banana sandwiches and I went shopping and bought a ridiculous amount of stuff. 

But, alas, I haven't smoked. So I'm fat, broke and exhausted but I stayed true to my mission;-) 

happy Friday, everyone!!!!!! 

18 Replies
anaussiemom

Congrats!! That is so awesome.  

bonniebee

Reminds me of a song ,"Mama said there would be days like this !  " 

Glad you hung in there and did not cave !

Do you know about deep  breathing ? I found it very helpful and I still use it when stressed out .

Three deep breaths in slowly and slow exhale on the last one do it extra deep and long and relax your body as you exhale extra slowly !

In the early days of my quit I did this so many times a day even while driving !!!

MarilynH

You've made it another Day WON! Congratulations on getting through this day you did great, stay close because we're all here to help you through the rough patches, it's going to get easier and easier with time under your belt but you must believe it and stick with N.O.P.E and vigilance because you can and will be successful one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time but you must believe it and stick with your precious quit. 

indingrl

SUPER FANTASTIC YOU DID GREAT I LOVE YOU AND YOUR NICOTINE FREE DAY keep on keeping on 

Mandolinrain

Your doing it! Hey, I ate whatever the heck I wanted when I quit. I told myself it was more important to focus on my quit than my weight. Yep, I gained weight but once I got into about the 3rd month I kicked up my heels and began walking and making better food choices. By then I was not having crazy cravings for cigs or food. You will get there too. I so proud of you! Quitting is truly hard and your doing it!!! xoxoMissy

it-will-hurt.jpg

And heres some flowers for you and a day WON!

Unknown-1.jpeg

Bonnie

you and me both, Lisami! Next time I'll just eat a bunch of fruit or something...all the Poppycock I went out and bought was pricey, too sweet and I wanted to smoke after eating it...and now I'll have to get all the sugar out of my system........gggggrrrrrr....but at least we didn't smoke, girlfriend!

Lisaml

I made jalapeño poppers! Wrapped in bacon! 

‍♀️

Maybe it's the spicy ? But the craving was KICKED after a couple of them! 

Im like you, sweet food makes me crave. 

Spicy might be our answer!!! 

anaussiemom

Omg I love those . To die for!!

Bonnie

I can't do spicy anymore , but some simple nachos with great chips and good cheese would probably do the trick, thanks for the suggestion!...I don't usually go for sugary things....must be 'cause I quit alcohol at the same time as the ciggies...no more sweets!  I'm gonna finish off the sweet stuff I have around this weekend, be a good girl next week and then "splurge" on nachos next weekend...something to look forward to...YAY!