cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kmdarling

2 days...going crazy

So I quit 2 days ago and today I really don't think I can do it anymore I've spent most of the day crying because I want a smoke and it's just getting worse . I really feel like I've left someone really close to me behind. I just feel absolutely horrible and am debating on just going back as the mood is sooooo low. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
anaussiemom

I strongly recommend the Alan Carr book.  He talks about this a lot.  Also You and me and many others, face the same thing.  A constant grieving feeling.  Depression.   As you read the book, you discover your leaving nothing behind.  You are adding more and more ahead of you.

We are addicts the hardest drug to kick is nicotine.  And It's subtle constant gnaw.

Its a real addiction!! Drug addiction!   Just read everything you can get your hands on knowledge is true power!!

You have got this  kmdarling

Kmdarling

I will definitely have a look at the book thank you!

Verghese

Hi there im also a newbie and im right behind you.  This evening will be a full week for me.  I can completely relate to what you are going through.  The first 4 days were really aweful.  I also was crying at odd moments, angry, depressed etc... exactly as you described.  I was also not sleeping and constant headaches.

However yesterday pretty much all those physical symptoms lifted.  I still think about cigarettes all the time, but I feel so much more hope right now.  I was able to smell and taste dinner today so things are getting better. I still have a ling way to go but the hope is back.

I know you are feeling like going back and what you are going through is real and painful.  Two days is a big step.  Keep pushing and fighting.  It is worth fighting for! One day at a time and there are many here to encourage you.  You got this!

KMC56

Noooo!  We've all been there, but it is so worth whatever mood swing you're going through.  With that thought, think of what you would be saying to yourself if you went back to your addiction...wishing you could quit.  You can quit..this journey is worth it.  You may find it hard to beleive...I smoked for 40 years..,40, I'm now closing in to almost two years smoke free...exhilarating!  HANG IN THERE..one day a at a time!

~Kathy

Jennifer-Quit

Time is the healer. Give it the time it takes to get to a better place. Best wishes.