cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Silvercindy

Help

Good thing I'm at work my mind just keeps going to that place where I don't care if I'm a non smoker or not. So depressed today don't know if it's because I'm a month into my quit or life itself. Anyway decided to just yell out today on here so maybe by the time I get off work I won't go out and buy a pack.

Tags (2)
18 Replies
AnnetteMM

Nah, you won't buy a pack. What you're feeling is just the lack of nicotine artificially boosting up your serotonin. Your new normal will kick in soon! This will not last forever. Let yourself feel it, but try not to wallow in it. Get yourself a treat instead! Ice cream, a magazine, chocolate... 

Silvercindy

Na is right thank you

Sandi4

Silvercindy

Great job coming here for help.  I'm hoping some elders will see this soon since I'm only about 15 days ahead of you but I wanted to respond quickly.  You've been nicotine free for a MONTH.  That's awesome!!!  Now that you're there, FIGHT FOR YOUR QUIT.  As I'm sure you've read on this site, your situation won't change if you smoke.  After you finish that cigarette, whatever is hurting you will still exist.  Good times and bad times are part of life.  We can't avoid them. But we can avoid damaging our bodies and causing illnesses that will surely make life more depressing.  Plan for this evening NOW. What will you do to avoid buying a pack?  Can you take a different route home, can you count the people and situations in your life that you are grateful for, can you go exercise or take a walk?  Can you read the numerous blogs on this site of those who have successfully quit smoking?    

I want this quit for you.  You have to want it for yourself.  I believe you do because you came here. You don't want to go back to DAY ONE.  Make this another DAY WON.  I'm cheering you on...stay strong!!!

Silvercindy

Thanks before I drove from work home read your response to me I think just needed some reminder why I quit. Thank you so much, and congratulations on 15 days you've helped me lots

Sandi4

I'm proud of you. I'm actually at 45 days...but glad that however limited my time as a EX has been,  I was able to help in some small way. 

Another day WON!  Way to go!!! 

Silvercindy

Yes you did!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way.  30 days is HUGE too much so to turn back.  When we get to certain milestones the addictive brain tries to play tricks on us to see if you really are going the stay quit.  These test are really designed to make us stronger if you stay the course.  With the mindset....NO MATTER WHAT  I will not take a PUFF.  Not One.  Tell yourself that you refuse to be FOOLED.  Your addictive brain is still needs a little scrubbing.  Let's scrub it clean my saying.... I am a non smoker.... over and over.   I don't do this anymore.  Tell that addiction that it can go to HELL We all have the rough patches that we have to go through.  We have to step back and look at the real picture of why you are feeling the way you are.Have a plan in place when you get off work to distract and do it.

Stay close this is the time that you need to be here. Protect your quit.  You can do it.  Keep it going. Breathe

Silvercindy

Thank you

Lisaml

You won't buy a pack. 

Youve come too far. And yes, you do care if you're a non smoker, YOU CARE because you've put in the work, done a great job and you have come so far!!

maybe this is the apathy that people talk about being "no mans land"??? 

The constant fight of a new quit is over, your guards are down and you feel nostalgia? 

Idk I'm no expert but I DO know that you're in this for the long haul. Smell your clothes and hair. NIce, right???

take a deep breath. No cough I hope??

think of your WHYs and call some to mind today- especially on your way home from work. 

Call your "whys" to mind and thank God you're a non smoker;-) 

❤️❤️❤️