cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nsg6662

Changes

Hi everyone, I’m Michelle and this is my first post here. I’m a 54 year old pack a day ex  (I smoked for 40 years),  who will be smoke, alcohol and fattening food free 30 days tomorrow. I am on Chantix since quitting. I understand quitting all three things at once greatly increases my chances for failing one or all of them but I had some very critical level blood work that demands I either change my lifestyle drastically and now, or not be here to see my grandchildren grow. It’s very hard at times, but reading things in here is helping and inspiring a lot! I’m so very happy to have found this site.  So I want to share some things I’m noticing since quitting. I now have a random annoying tickle in my throat that only stops after I cough very hard, so hard it makes my lungs and back hurt. Thankfully im not bringing anything up with it. I know my lungs are beginning to heal and return to a normal function again, but it’s a pain in my butt especially when it wakes me up a lot through the night. I’m having a hard enough time falling asleep and staying asleep as it is. Mood swings are getting a little better. I honestly miss eating crap more than drinking or smoking.  I’m avoiding stress like the plague which isn’t that difficult as I don’t work anymore.  Some big pluses are I am smelling and tasting things so much better, I can easily go for walks, exercise and play with my dogs running around outside now without shortness of breath.  At first I was really tired but lately I’m a ball of energy. I have more free time now and my house is getting clean and organized. My BP and resting pulse are dropping, I may soon be off some meds! Thank you for reading this and being such a helpful awesome group of people. ❤️ 

29 Replies
anaussiemom

You are doing amazing. It is fun to romp in snow with the animals    Yes, It is a very supportive site.   You got this Nsg6662

Nsg6662

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Tabbiekat

Congrats on all you have achieved so far no smoking, drinking and eating healthier- yes it can be a disaster waiting to happen for some people, but you sound like you are in the right direction and 30 days in? that is HUGE. Congrats again and welcome. Please keep reading, posting and before you do anything you know you shouldn't reach out and ask for help.

You got this

Tabbie

Nsg6662

Thank you! I will definitely do that. 

Jennifer-Quit

WOW - you go girl!  I have got the non-smoking thing under control but my drinking and eating habits not so much.  Congratulations on 30 days!

Nsg6662

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Lisaml

You are my HERO!!!!!!

Hang in here, and you are doing incredible!!! 

You may need to start your own website on "how to completely change your life in 30 days!"

wow! Wow! You are inspiring! Thank you!!

Nsg6662

Aww thank you.  I think my body and brain are in shock. 

MarilynH

I am very happy that you found this site too you are doing great, congratulations on your precious 30 glorious Days WON and counting WTG, I gave up alcohol almost 7 yrs ago and have a little over 3 and a half yrs Smokefree now but I'm still working on giving up fatty foods I'm very happy for you keep moving forward and stacking up your precious DOF  - Days Of Freedom, quitting smoking is the best gift that you'll ever give yourself which is the gift of LIFE....