cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Difficulties Navigating the Site?

I have read several comments from new members over the past months  who have expressed difficulty in navigating the site.  I think it's important to find out what those specific difficulties are and try to address them.  If the new Jive platform is so rich in functions, but lacking in simplicity - then we need to either narrow down the functions or make them very clear in an easy-to-understand "HOW TO."  

Because there are so many different ways to do any given thing here, it perhaps muddies the waters and creates confusion?  I'm of the older generation, but KISS speaks to my mind.  (I.e. Keep It Simple Stupid.)  So how can we on this site as supporters help you navigate.  And what kind of instructional material would make it easier for you?  Pictures/graphics?  How TO videos?  Tell us what you need that you think would help the most, and tell us what is confusing or lacking for you in instructional material.  What makes it difficult for you to navigate here?

The owners of this site are very open to suggestions and want to make this site the best that it can be.  For both their needs and ours.  Don't site bash, but do site enhance with your suggestions.  

It was very difficult for most of us who came from the old platform to adjust to this new one.  It is still difficult for me on occasion.  And many members have not returned because of the enormous learning curve it took to understand this new one.  

We as supporters need to understand what you are lacking in the nagivating end so that we can instruct you as to how to best get around or point you to specific instructions in the Help part of the community.  The site manager also needs to understand that.

So please - tell us about your confusion in getting around this place.  If the map provided isn't sufficient, then we need to create the map that is.

Tags (1)
14 Replies
Tabbiekat

95% of the time I use my laptop -Windows 10 & Firefox to use the EX website. I like and normally just click on the down arrow by my avatar or the pen to get tasks accomplished from my side-checking my stats, previous writings, post a writing etc. I know right below that I can also click on one of the big buttons to do the same/similar tasks. Below that I have the split screen- on the left is Recent Blogs and on the right is Recent activity. Longer blogs similar to anaussiemom's Journal don't normally show up on that frist page, unless she has just posted something within the last couple of hours. If I were to click "see more" the feed alters and I can see stuff that has been posted/written on within the last hour or two. I honestly don't know how or what can be done to alter this, but maybe just a mention that if someone is in need of assistance a new blog/writing should be made as that will pop up in the feed first.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Tabbiekat‌  If you want to see everything that's going on across the community, just click on Home then on Read the Latest Updates.

You will then be presented with a a list of EVERYTHING:   Blogs, Videos, Discussion, Documents, etc., which can then be filtered further.

The only thing that  doesn't show up, unfortunately, are Status Updates which have a yellow icon.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting. I'm watching the feedback here.  

Giulia‌ thanks for pointing out that status updates are not in "all content". I'll try to find out why that is.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

And here I thought that was just one of Jive jerks, uh quirks.  

0 Kudos

Giulia wrote:

And here I thought that was just one of Jive jerks, uh quirks.  

It could be intentional. I just didn't notice it before.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Mona15

I just find the site overwhelming.  I do believe it's the best source for information and support but don't know how to proceed.  For example, I just typed a blog and then got a message to share it so that others could read it but thought that by publishing it, it would be posted?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Mona15, you're correct, once you write the blog and publish it, it will automatically get posted to the blogs section of the community, so there is no need to follow up with a "share" to let people know that it has been posted. I believe the "share" option is if you want to post it to social media or email it folks after you write it - but just to post it to the community, "Publish" should do the job.

Here's a little more info on blogs and other content types on the community: Why Blog on EX? and https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1081-different-content-types-on-ex-and-when-to-use-each-... 

We understand that the options on the community can be overwhelming, so please don't hesitate to reach out to me or Mark‌ if you run into any issues or have questions about how to do something.

- Sarah

0 Kudos

Hi Sarah, how do I delete an old quit plan (from a few years ago)?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

I will have to check in with our software development team to check if it is possible to completely "clear" your quit plan. As Giulia mentioned, it is possible to clear some of the items one by one, but assuming you want to re-do the plan, I am not sure if that is possible, but I will check and get back to you.

Thanks for your question!

0 Kudos