cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML & In-betweener Weekly Check in - 2/5/2018

We do this blog every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in No Man’s Land -- months 2-3-4 of a quit and those who have not yet reached the 6% club and are post-NML (In-between). Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

This week’s topic: Keeping your quit precious

From Giulia  who wrote /blogs/Giulia-blog/2013/09/10/how-precious-is-your-quit 

And me:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/rollercoaster831/blog/2017/10/10/not-getting-caught-in-nml... 

What exactly is the value of your quit?  What will you do and what ARE you doing to protect yourself  from relapse? How much is it worth to you? 

If you're in NML right now, give a shout!  Reach out and find each other! 

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...  

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

Tags (2)
3 Replies
AnnetteMM

At just over 40 days, I'm doing well. I think about it daily but I'm enjoying breathing easily and not coughing, so there's that. I did have my first real smoking dream the other day: I actually saw the pack and a lit cigarette in my hand and I felt so dismayed and disappointed. When I woke up I was relieved!

Sandi4

Checking in on Day 47. Not smoking has become easier.  I think about it every day but more in terms of, "Wow, I would've lit a cigarette if this happened 48 days ago" instead of  "I really need a cigarette right now."   There  have been a couple of moments where I wanted one but I took some deep breaths and kept it moving.

I am finding that since quitting, I have a vicious case of post nasal drip.  I know I had it before but I seem to be able to feel it all day long now and my throat feels raw.  Maybe the nicotine was numbing that feeling before?   I'm going to make an appointment with a doctor just to be sure all is well.

I did the recommended NML reading for this week and keep close to the site.  I've read enough to know that we're in a very precarious part of our quit and I don't want to lose mine.

I appreciate all of the support I find here.  

Have a great day!

Sandi

Roller831

AnnetteMM‌ I remember having a few very vivid smoking dreams.  They can be really scary until you realize it was just a dream.  Those too shall pass, but be aware you may get one even years from now.  It can happen.  That is why keeping your quit precious is key!

Sandi4‌ It gets easier every day!  One of these days, you will go a day without even thinking about it or smoking not even crossing your mind!  I have a topic for NML where we share when that happened for us.  I will maybe use that one next week!