cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

Why is this happening?

I’m on day 17 and I having a bad one I don’t know why? I’m shaky nervous and weepy for no reason that I can think of.  I really want to smoke just one just one more time. I know NOPE but it’s so strong pls help me

Barb 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
anaussiemom

Barb, from what I have read its mostly a very emotional addiction.   Embrace it.  Your ok!  It is part of the nasty addiction.  Then move away from it, get up and dance, or listen to music breathe and weep,  breathe deep 5 times.  It's messy but you got this.!! whyquit.com go to it pick a topic, learn and educate yourself.  Emotions are the worst.  It will be ok. Ill inobx you my phone #.

maryfreecig

Don't know exactly why it is happening today, but 17 days in is good work--hang on to it and learn to let unhappy pass. This is how addiction is undone. And good riddance to it. Big hug, big high five. Yes you can, one day at a time.

Barb102

Why do family and friends (that never smoked) think I should be fine by now?  This is very upsetting to me  I was strong with all the support now I feel alone

anaussiemom

You arent alone!   It is their issue that you should feel this or that.   Most of the addiction is emotional and neurological.  Reach out for support just like what your doing, keep reaching out to addicts who understand til you can calm your thoughts.  Your doing great. I inboxed my # also call someone, leave whee your at step outside, put head in the freezer for a second.  Keep going

CarolinaGal

People who never smoked just don't know how it works. They don't understand the addiction and the physical and mental withdrawal. Maybe have your family and friends read some of the blogs and other info on this site to help them understand.

You're NOT alone! You have all of us here to support you thru your quit! 

Jennifer-Quit

People who have never smoked normally do not understand how powerful this addiction is to overcome.  Perhaps you could find some reading material for them to learn how to help you.  The truth is that it is not over in 17 days - but 17 days is a wonderful start and you have done so well. I think all of us at some point in our quits heard that little voice that said "just one".  Ignore it - eventually "it" will go away when "it" realizes that "you" are in control.  And we all know that "it" and "you" are the same thing.  Think how proud you will be tomorrow when you have 18 days rather than zero.  You got this! 

Barb102

Oh thank u all I’m so glad u are here for me. I’m not alone now and trying to be strong. 

anaussiemom

800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669)

All states have quitlines with counselors who are trained specifically to help smokers quit. Call this number to connect directly to your state’s quitline. Hours of operation and services vary from state to state

JACKIE1-25-15

Breathe.