cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

How do YOU change YOUR suddenly negative attitude?

I was filled with JOY good thinking then SUDDENLY BAM!!!!! Thoughts of being negative came and at FIRST I started to ponder and VERY SLOWLY going BACK to old ways I thought come here and ASK OTHERS so I did.... I NEED YOUR trys at dealing with the SUDDENLY in negatives SOLUTIONS that YOU tried on YOUR OWN and it WORKED for YOU! Thanks for HELPING its just a SUDDENLY negative MOMENT of MY day.... this too shall pass BUT in this MONENT I NEED PEOPLE!

21 Replies
MarilynH

Here's a humongous caring, loving hug from me to you sweet Diane Joy, wow that's a hard question because I believe normally you're a very positive person and I try to be too, so for me when everything seems overwhelming I ask for strength and then I think how other people have even more problems than I do and sometimes that doesn't help so I get busy doing something, anything to keep my mind busy so I don't fall back into my old ways because on the 14th I'll have 7 yrs in from drinking and today I have 1299 days of Smokefree living and for you is even longer on both counts so continuing to stack up those precious DOF on both counts is vital to our health and well-being, prayers going up for you and your family Diane Joy.....

indingrl

Cool Marilyn please know I appreciate the help for I ask God to keep ME open minded I pray ask MY Lord Jesus to keep ME at his feet listen and listening and I beg MY Holy Comforter to help ME to accept the help from ALL others who stay quit and let God change them to be more and more loving to themselves and others while admitting WE need each other at different times and to TAKE WHAT HELPS ME at that moment in MY testing season of MY faith to keep moving forward and fyi  MY beloved Marilyn I am becoming human   only by Gods grace because I USED TO BE A wild animal with 100 forms of fear BUT GOD has brought ME this far to REMAIN QUIT AND OPEN MINDED TO LEARN AND LISTEN AND LISTEN AND LEARN... thanks for sharing and I too use the spiritual tools you using thats so cool not being alone!!! A gentle hug to keep on keeping on sister!

MarilynH

You are so precious Diane Joy, huge loving hug coming your way my friend and Fellow Exer xo....

0 Kudos
MarilynH

aa0fe0adcdf975af952dc8a2bd7a05f8.jpg

MichelleDiane

Love this story.  

Barb102

Oh  I love this too. Thanks for sharing and reminding us

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Hi Diane Joy ! Your positive and faith filled  blogs have helped me so much through these past 3 years ....getting close one more week to my 3rd year !

I can relate, I have those moments too, I ask God for strength and I remember how difficult it was to quit and I say, no I don't do that anymore !!! I think of all of you on Ex that helped me and I don't want to let you down . I remember my smoke mares and how happy I was to wake up and find it was just a dream ! No more day ones just days won ! 

love you in Jesus Diane Joy !

indingrl

Awe thank you for your sweetness and love and most of all you BonnieBee. The spiritual tool you helped ME in MY TIME of faith testing is to be gateful to God and you BonniBee and ALL its is those SIDDENLY TESTS and when I am really haughty in MY sickness of pride God bless ME with a brain FART that makes ME just deflat with humility to admit I was wrong or I made a mistake or I failed or I dont have all the answers and only by his grace I say sorry and ask for help and thank you again for attitude adjustment in ME now! A gentle hug and keep on keeping ONE day at a time  

anaussiemom

Think of 3 joys.  Yesterday, tomorrow, anytime.  Log it.  Breathe,  Walk, nice bath with candle, if you can put your legs up on a wall,  with back on floor or or use a couch.   Or log the negativity, maybe its the derm monster, or perhaps something your going thru.   Stay strong.

xo

Kim